Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cat scratches

Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Cat scratches

Well long story short, our beloved feline Smokey was on the hood of my truck obviously a couple times and I have some pretty good scratches on the hood. I've waxed the truck several times but they just won't go away. Any ideas what may do it?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Prep yourself for a dozen retarded knuckle draggers saying " kill the cat "

Polishing compound ?
Old 10-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
obviously your cat doesnt like your skewp....
Old 10-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

but that happened to my car idk how deep your scratches are but a car cover works fine to keep them from happening, thats what i did till my cat kind of disappeared....
Old 10-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Prep yourself for a dozen retarded knuckle draggers saying " kill the cat "

Polishing compound ?
I'm prepared for it, and I've thought about the polish compound but I've never used it before
Old 10-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
obviously your cat doesnt like your skewp....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
but that happened to my car idk how deep your scratches are but a car cover works fine to keep them from happening, thats what i did till my cat kind of disappeared....
He wanted to see the scoop up-close! They seem fairly deep and I'm not spending the money on a car cover
Old 10-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #7
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
I have a .22 bullet and everytime our cat does something to our vehicles he gets a letter scratched into it. Sleeping on the Jeep's soft top = C. Scratching the Jeep seats = A. (CA_) Only one letter left...
Old 10-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
I have a .22 bullet and everytime our cat does something to our vehicles he gets a letter scratched into it. Sleeping on the Jeep's soft top = C. Scratching the Jeep seats = A. (CA_) Only one letter left...
You should go ahead and get it over with , sounds like the cat would be better off without you anyway .
Old 10-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
Mr. President

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
He wanted to see the scoop up-close! They seem fairly deep and I'm not spending the money on a car cover
well then the only solution would be to buy a fog horn and mount it pointing toward the hood, then camp out in your truck one night. When said cat comes along and starts getting down with your hood let a rip.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #10
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Is this happening in your garage or outside? Is Smokey an indoor cat? Maybe keep him in the house would help.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Liquid glass the only thing Ive used for 25 YEARS. It will take out some and hide the rest..Not cheep but goes along way and is ez to use. Most toyo dealers down here carry it in the parts dept.... try it... Jim
Old 10-08-2011, 08:11 PM   #12
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
We have cats but all are inside, luckily we park in the garage though, the neighbor has 2 or 3 that hang in my yard and drive all the time. If I leave the garage door open I often find them in there.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
wet sand and buff ?
Old 10-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #14
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
There's gotta be a Ted Nugent joke somewhere in there!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Is this happening in your garage or outside? Is Smokey an indoor cat? Maybe keep him in the house would help.
It happened outside, 99% of the time I park in our detatched garage (you can see it in some of my gallery pics) and Smokey is usually in the house or the house garage at night. This was one of those nights I didn't park in the garage and he was outside.

Almost never happens and since it did he doesn't get on the truck anymore. I don't know if he had a hard time climbing up it or something or if it was the fact I scared the shit out of him when I saw him sitting on it and went running towards him yelling. I'm off to the local auto body product store to see what they recommend. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:04 AM   #16
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You should go ahead and get it over with , sounds like the cat would be better off without you anyway .
Haha that gave me a good chuckle!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 AM   #17
rollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrollin904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
rollin904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneBIGroom View Post
Well...your first problem is owning a jeep.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
Resident crazy cat lady
NewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewTacomaGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becca
NewTacomaGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to NewTacomaGirl Send a message via Yahoo to NewTacomaGirl Send a message via Skype™ to NewTacomaGirl
My cats do that. I bought a truck cover to put over the truck when im out of town or at my mothers house since she has 5 outdoor cats. You could also put a tarp or something over it to help protect the vehicle. I left my windows open one day and pookie (my cat i left with my mom) LOVES to jump in my truck and lay on the seats. If the weather is nice, you can always leave your windows open and see if they will lay inside instead of scratching the paint. (I love kitty prints on my dirty truck).