|11-21-2011, 01:38 PM||#21|
I had one put in my Trooper years ago, had a lifetime warranty from the shop. But then, I moved, it leaked, and every winter I would be messing around w/ silicone and duct tape to try and seal it up. NOT worth it unless there is a nationwide warranty. (And even then maybe not...)
|11-21-2011, 02:06 PM||#22|
XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!
I have had 7.
Moon roofs have a glass insert you can see through, and then open too.
Sunroofs are just slide open, but you can't see through them when not open.
All of mine have been Moonroofs.
1. 1991 Acura Integra - Sliding Motor broke @ 150k
2. 1992 Acura Integra - Worked fine
3. 1996 Honda Prelude - Bolts on track came loose, leaked. Had to take it off, re-grease track, retorque bolts, then it was fine until vehicle was totalled a year later.
4. 1998 Acura 3.2 TL (awesome car back in the day) - No problems.
5. 2004 Nissan Altima - Track kept having problems, replaced under warranty. No problems after that. That Altima was the 3.5 v6 SE and it was AWESOME fast for a 4 door car.
6. 2001 Honda Civic - No problems to report.
7. 2007 Mazda CX-7 - No problems.
I really didn't realize I'd had that many (some were wifey's cars). It's like a convertible...on pleasant days it's amazing, but the other 340 days a year it's just there.
One handy feature of a moonroof...when you're 1st in line @ a traffic light and you pulled up too much to see the light, you can look out the moonroof to see
My 2 current vehicles don't have it, and neither me or wife have ever said one way or another we cared or didn't.
The most Extreme of the Fajitias.
"Math illiteracy affects 7 out of 5 people."
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
2011 DC TRD Sport - Traded
2011 Forest River Salem 22RBX-Lite Travel Trailer
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Got Sunroof?||tacomian devil||2nd Gen. Tacomas||303||12-04-2013 01:23 PM|
|Anyone have a sunroof?||Dark Knight||2nd Gen. Tacomas||20||02-04-2012 12:27 PM|
|My sunroof||joshua32||2nd Gen. Tacomas||52||04-15-2010 01:42 PM|
|Sunroof?||Agent475||2nd Gen. Tacomas||18||03-16-2009 09:31 PM|
|Busy weekend with adding and adding stuff...||TicTacOma||2nd Gen. Tacomas||3||09-21-2008 12:57 PM|