Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Who undercoats ?

View Poll Results: Undercoating..good..bad..over kill !
Good idea ? 42 76.36%
Over kill, not worth it! 4 7.27%
Bad Idea? 1 1.82%
Don't live where it snows ! 8 14.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 AM   #21
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
NicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNicNac22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nic
NicNac22's Tacoma Gallery
subbed, i live in the mountains of WV, they use like a brine on the road, nasty salt gets everywhere, i already have some rust, but i want to slow it down and prevent more from happening.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #22
Cybertronian Tacoma
TacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaPrime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
TacomaPrime's Tacoma Gallery
im thinking about doing this too. I live in the midwest near chicago, where they dump 10 tons of salt for a 1/4" of snow.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 AM   #23
Chriskn1690 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Chriskn1690's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
Is it legal for you to do it in Maine? Its illegal here in Mass
Sucks doesn't it? Seems like everything is illegal here in Mass. I was thinking about doing this to my truck too, but luckily it was previously owned in CT and whoever had it before me but a tar like substance all over the frame. I still spray down the frame with a lubricant/protector every few months. makes the rattles go away and once they start coming back I spray again.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #24
VermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud ofVermonterLost has much to be proud of
Name: Devin
VermonterLost's Tacoma Gallery
No not that rubbery shit, it's more like an oil. I haven't sprayed it on yet, couple farmers I know said it's awesome on the tractors, I tend to trust what they say. I'm not gonna spray the exhaust when I do it, don't really like that idea.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #25
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
I spray everything and as for th water getting traped not that i have ever had. I wash and dry my truck and do it on a dry dry day but thats suz I use rubber spray
Old 10-15-2011, 10:44 AM   #26
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Fluid Film all the way.

non toxic
Never hardens.
even if you wipe it off there is still a sheen to the area.

I reapply once a year after a power wash underneath.

the stuff that hardens can crack and then salt can creep in and start to act.
just did my new truck last month.

Need to do the wife's jeep the end of this month

It has a wax base to it.

I rustproofed years ago and in some cases i think it made things worse because of cracking.

this stuff is non toxic so i don't see why you couldn't do it in mass.
Old 10-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #27
The greenmonstah

Apprx. whats that cost for a ball park amount.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:02 AM   #28
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Yes...Fluid Film is awesome...many uses...

I tried painting the frame with tremclad on the welds but now I use fluid film...no solvents and wax based so it stays around.

I also get mine done at "Krown" once a year because they get inside the doors, tailgate rocker panels etc...very good product.... and I let them drill holes that they cap with rubber plugs to get into these tough spots.

Always see trucks with rotten rocker panels where I live.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #29
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmonstah View Post
Apprx. whats that cost for a ball park amount.
Oh it depends. i just use cans. like 11 or 12 bucks a can.

Use 1 1/2 cans on the jeep and 2 on the tacoma. doesn't have to be thick.

just a even coat.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #30
The greenmonstah

awesome. thats not to much more then I pay now.... I'm gussing "krown" is an place near you.. whats the product called and who sells it ?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #31

Quote:
awesome. thats not to much more then I pay now.... I'm gussing "krown" is an place near you.. whats the product called and who sells it ?
It's called Fluid Film.

you can get it online or Shaws Ridge John Deere towards Sanford is the closest to me.

Cans or 5 gal bucket. that need a pressure sprayer.

Like i said i just use cans.
If i think i need to go in a panel or something i just swap the nozzle for one with the tube. It does clog up but for a short burst it's fine.
don't know where you are but maybe a tractor place up your way might have them or PM me if your interested and if you have a credit card I'll give you the guy I buy from online. Nice guy.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #32
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highland Logan View Post
I use Corrosion Free 3000. DND (Dept. of National Defense; Canada), did a study back in the late '90 and after all the testing, this stuff came out on top.

Frank
Do you go somewhere for it, or just get the rattlecans from Can. Tire?
Old 10-15-2011, 11:56 AM   #33
The greenmonstah

yeah i'm not to far away from Sanford. Ill check out the local John Deere or tractor supply.
Thanks for the all the info.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #34

Quote:
yeah i'm not to far away from Sanford. Ill check out the local John Deere or tractor supply.
Thanks for the all the info.
Oh i forgot to tell you that Shaws was bought out a few years ago.

just give them a buzz before you head over just in case. But i bought FF for years from them.

It's called NORTH COUNTRY TRACTOR, INC. now

your welcome. Anytime
Old 10-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #35
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

Quote:
Krown is a rust proofing franchise in Canada

I buy my Fluid film from TSC stores when on sale...it is expensive...works great in lock tumblers on your truck as well as your house!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma Mike View Post
Oh it depends. i just use cans. like 11 or 12 bucks a can.

Use 1 1/2 cans on the jeep and 2 on the tacoma. doesn't have to be thick.

just a even coat.
Yes you are right an even coat is all you need....I get crazy and always use too much but then I spread it around with a paint brush
Old 10-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #37
The greenmonstah

ahh Canada lol i'm going to try this stuff now.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
Yes you are right an even coat is all you need....I get crazy and always use too much but then I spread it around with a paint brush
HAHAHAHA that's funny right there.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:23 PM   #39
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
My friend gave a full can the other day, not sure what to use it on...

Any suggestions?
Old 10-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #40

Quote:
ahh Canada lol i'm going to try this stuff now.
Oh so you wouldn't take advise from a fellow Mainer but jump all over it from across the border.. ROFLMAO HEHEHEHE