Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Who undercoats ?

View Poll Results: Undercoating..good..bad..over kill !
Good idea ? 42 76.36%
Over kill, not worth it! 4 7.27%
Bad Idea? 1 1.82%
Don't live where it snows ! 8 14.55%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #81
jward is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeff
jward's Tacoma Gallery
Cosmoline is the best,but it's hard to find someone that has it anymore. Used oil is works good once a year in the fall. I scaled all the loose stuff off and painted it with POR15 in october, we'll see how it does this winter. I know what you mean about the salt, that brine they spray now even screws up stainless.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #82
The greenmonstah
greenmonstah is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: truck guy/emt
Name: Andy
greenmonstah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jward View Post
Cosmoline is the best,but it's hard to find someone that has it anymore. Used oil is works good once a year in the fall. I scaled all the loose stuff off and painted it with POR15 in october, we'll see how it does this winter. I know what you mean about the salt, that brine they spray now even screws up stainless.
Where i work at a fire station we keep the trucks spot less the the brine that they used eats the paint off the trucks, The calcium salts that they just stopped using in my area a few years ago ate the paint, chrome and plastic off the lights. We wash the trucks after every call.