Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you guys wax your truck?

Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #21
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
after a prep, or just a good wash (on good days)
-

I use zymol Creame, which comes with an applicator, so mats are
Tub of wax
applicator
microfiber #1
microfiber #

Apply wax evenly, all in one direction (Don't like circles, even on my wax) as to cover the entire surface
then use microfiber #1, applying moderate pressure, to wipe the wax, removing "most" of it, but covering entire body panel
use microfiber #2 to rapidly buff remaining wax to a shine

When I buff/wipe the wax, I wipe perpendicular to how I put the wax on. So if I covered the hood in vertical "l" lines, I wipe in a horizontal "---" direction.

All by hand cause I'm an old fashioned pineapple
Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 AM   #22
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
after a prep, or just a good wash (on good days)
-

I use zymol Creame, which comes with an applicator, so mats are
Tub of wax
applicator
microfiber #1
microfiber #

Apply wax evenly, all in one direction (Don't like circles, even on my wax) as to cover the entire surface
then use microfiber #1, applying moderate pressure, to wipe the wax, removing "most" of it, but covering entire body panel
use microfiber #2 to rapidly buff remaining wax to a shine

When I buff/wipe the wax, I wipe perpendicular to how I put the wax on. So if I covered the hood in vertical "l" lines, I wipe in a horizontal "---" direction.

All by hand cause I'm an old fashioned pineapple
Old 10-21-2011, 07:29 PM   #23
austinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud ofaustinstaco has much to be proud of

Name: Austin
austinstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xewkija631 View Post
What kind of machine do you use?
Dewalt 6'' polisher