LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

how do you remove cigarette smell?

Old 10-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
sbg2014 is on a distinguished road

sbg2014's Tacoma Gallery
Question how do you remove cigarette smell?

how do you remove cigarette smell in a 2003 tacoma?
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #2
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg2014 View Post
Try a foil baking pan with some folders coffee and sliced apples in it. That will pull alot of the smell.

Also charcoal or coffee grinds in a sock tied up under the seats help and I think someone will chime in about vinager.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Kevin is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Kevin
Kevin's Tacoma Gallery
A shit ton of fabric softener sheets under the seats and in door panels etc....let ur imagination run wild.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Trent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrent is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Trent's Tacoma Gallery
Baking soda.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
charliebob is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
charliebob's Tacoma Gallery
trade in... or put a wet dog in it.. no more cig smell
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #7
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
A shit ton of fabric softener sheets under the seats and in door panels etc....let ur imagination run wild.
This is what my buddy did the last owner loved cigars and now it smells fine
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
TRUCK YEAH
Saskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaskquatch11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Saskquatch11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbg2014 View Post
the same way you would remove the cigarette smell in a 2004.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #9
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Baking soda usually gets out foul smells for me, I don't smoke cigs so I don't really know.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #10
Creepwood is on a distinguished road

Creepwood's Tacoma Gallery
I hung up 6 air freshener trees and sprayed auto febreze in it everytime I got out of it. A month later I took the trees out and just do the febreze thing. Smells good man
Old 10-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #11
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
Ozium.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #12
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRider11 View Post
Haha....zing
Old 10-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #13
Resident "dude"
tacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacotrd647 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
tacotrd647's Tacoma Gallery
Start smoking...you won't even notice it.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #14
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoRider11 View Post
Lol!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:51 PM   #15
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Squid. Takes the smell right over
Old 10-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #16
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
LOVE the responses... haha

Everytime I clean my interior, I use Blue Coral Carpet Cleaner. The smell is ridiculously overpowering, but the nicest part is you spray ALL your carpeting, scrub it in, let it dry then vaccuum it all out, thus getting most of the cigarette smell. The rest of it will be in your overhead panels, how you take care of that is up to you, but I doubt it would hurt anything to spray the blue coral there, then just vaccuum it out.

The newer tacomas don't seem to absorb the smoke smell as much as other vehicles. I've had multiple people in my taco after I started smoking in it and no one could smell it, (non-smokers btw). Anyways, the Blue Coral is the way to go for any interior cleaning. Don't use airfresheners like febreeze and fresh squid... not very effective. They just mask the smell.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #18
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post

The newer tacomas don't seem to absorb the smoke smell as much as other vehicles.
yeah my second gen smells just that way it always has no matter how many stogies get puffed in it or stuff get's spilled. my brother calls it "that tacoma smell". haha.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #19
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Ozium spray air freshener also works great. I smoke cigars and am always trying to keep odors down.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #20
HammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant futureHammerHead has a brilliant future

Name: Jake
HammerHead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
LOVE the responses... haha

Everytime I clean my interior, I use Blue Coral Carpet Cleaner. The smell is ridiculously overpowering, but the nicest part is you spray ALL your carpeting, scrub it in, let it dry then vaccuum it all out, thus getting most of the cigarette smell. The rest of it will be in your overhead panels, how you take care of that is up to you, but I doubt it would hurt anything to spray the blue coral there, then just vaccuum it out.

The newer tacomas don't seem to absorb the smoke smell as much as other vehicles. I've had multiple people in my taco after I started smoking in it and no one could smell it, (non-smokers btw). Anyways, the Blue Coral is the way to go for any interior cleaning. Don't use airfresheners like febreeze and fresh squid... not very effective. They just mask the smell.

X2 Blue Coral Carpet Cleaner really works. And there are some other good ideas here too. But keep in mind one thing. One application is not going to do it. It took years to get the smoke smell into it, and while it won't take years to get out, it will certainly take more than one application of whatever solution (or combo solution) you find. Good luck!

Jake