Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Painting fenders/ Scratches

Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #1
grizz mv is on a distinguished road
grizz mv's Tacoma Gallery
Painting fenders/ Scratches

So instead of making 3 different threads, I decided to just make 1 mega thread with my detailing questions.

First I have a silver taco, and i want to paint the fenders and front bumper black. ( too much silver for me) Now I was at the dealership over the weekend getting a tundra, and i happened to see the 2011 4runners have the exact look that i want. I've searched around on here, but haven't found any specific products that were used, just some pics.

I'm not sure what the best product to use would be to get that flat black plastic look, I also wouldn't mind trading some look for durability because my fenders do get hammered. So any suggestions would be awesome.

Second is I have some very light scratches that are pretty much invisible after i wax, but after a couple weeks are a little more apparent. My dad says they are all the way through the clear coat, but i don't think so. I read about doing clear coat touch up, but they run almost the entire length of the truck. (due to a tree branch) I was wondering if i just pulled out the orbital and used some skill if i couldn't just buff them away?

Any input would be great.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
DNG is on a distinguished road
DNG's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe try trading someone who already has the flat black fenders? I'm sure they'd appreciate the color-matched ones you have
Old 10-23-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
If the scratches are light, they should come out with a little compound or polish by hand. Heavier will require sanding, not for the faint of heart or inexperienced.

Get rid of your orbital buffer.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I used rustoleom spray on bed liner. That shit is GREAT! Click my build or go through my pics for details. And if the prep work is up to par, it will not come off. All armor is painted with this and I can bend 1/4" steel and the paint looks fine. http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/s...0/ppuser/29449
Old 10-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Oh yeah, for your fenders......

did someone say 'Plasti-DERP?' Best of all, you get to 'trial' the look first, then if you don't like it, peel it off.