Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Fully Detailed!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #21
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Again, (ive stated before) the ultimate products are very nice... I typically use the compound as well, I've never really gotten any better results by using the polish....so it collects dust.

I need to find another good wax though.... I don't like detailing every 6 months anymore. Last few wax products have only lasted a few months at most. I miss Granitize.... EPA took their old recipe for some reason. That stuff would last almost a year! I'm currently trying out the Meguiars Ultimate Wax, but we'll see
I did some searching and it seemed that the sealants tend to last longer than waxes. The Meguiar's Tech Wax that I use I believe is technically classified as a sealant.

This page has some good suggestions and is where I started when looking for a wax or sealant. I ended up going with the Meguiar's because it seemed like a happy medium between the shine of a carnuba wax and the long lasting protection of a sealant. We're going into winter up here so we'll see how long it lasts...
http://www.autogeek.net/winter-car-care.html