LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Washing painted wheels?

Old 11-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Washing painted wheels?

Assuming I do a proper job with wheel specific paint.

Do I just wash them as normal?

Is it possible to use wheel cleaners or would they be too harsh on the paint?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
I just wash mine as normal, and they just started to chip now after 5 years, gotta repaint them soon.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
I just wash mine as normal, and they just started to chip now after 5 years, gotta repaint them soon.
5 years is impressive.

Not bad at all.

Do you mind if I ask what color? And were you satisfied with the looks?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #4
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
5 years is impressive.

Not bad at all.

Do you mind if I ask what color? And were you satisfied with the looks?
It is black but it had a sheen/sparkle look when new, i bought some chrome caps from toyota for about 200 bucks too. I originally painted them because a dumb ass scratched the originals while putting new tires on a couple years back, i think it looks better now, almost like cops wheels.

Rust-O-Leum (or however you spell that spray paint).

Old 11-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
I would use a neutral cleaner with a brush and follow with a wax (glaze) to protect them and keep them cleaner longer.

I just go this kit and really like it

http://www.autogeek.net/dptiwhcofcot.html

http://www.autogeek.net/shorhantirwh.html