Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scratch Removal?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Scratch Removal?

Anyone know how to remove scratches from the plastic mirrors? I went out to a mud hole today and the trail to get there was a little tight in some places. Now my mirrors have some scratches and I want them gone. PS No, I did not take my truck in the mud
Old 11-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilredstud View Post
Anyone know how to remove scratches from the plastic mirrors? I went out to a mud hole today and the trail to get there was a little tight in some places. Now my mirrors have some scratches and I want them gone. PS No, I did not take my truck in the mud
If they are painted plastic, the process is the same as removing a scratch from a hood, fender, etc.; use a high-quality polish.

If they're not painted, there's not much you can do.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I'm SOL
Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't deep scratches but still...
Old 11-20-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
The only way to remove those scratches is to rid your psyche of it being an issue.

Especially if you venture into the woods
Old 11-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
True but I don't have plans to off road. My brother failed to tell me the road we had to take was tight in places and I could've gotten stuck. Now my baby has scratched mirrors.