Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Is your taco matte black?

Old 12-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #41
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrob1 View Post
Not that I've ever heard of. It is not a permanent change so they wouldn't be able to say anything about that.

Oh and Sunner about the bubble worries. This is a special vinyl that you can put on the car and peel off and restick alot while installing. Until you run a squeege across it, it will not be stuck. The cool thing about the vinyl is it has microscopic holes, I'm talking thousands in a sq in. This allows it to stretch and still adhere. On flat spots you can have a bubble the size of cd or even bigger and the holes allow the air to escape. So when you run a squeege across it you will have a nice flat wrap with no bubbles.
I am very interested in going with the wrap now but just got an online quote from fellers.com, $3,300!! Yikes!
Old 12-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #42
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
I am very interested in going with the wrap now but just got an online quote from fellers.com, $3,300!! Yikes!
They are outrageous. They are the biggest supplier, printer, and installer in the nation probably. They have schools to teach people how to install. Mor ethan likely if you sent your truck there not only will they charge you that much, but they will have a student put it on. They are the best, but you pay big money for it. Try to find a mom and pop shop with good wrap references to do it. Honestly the only part I would be scared to do on a taco is the fog light buckets on the front bumper.

Here is a Polaris Ranger I did...
Attached Thumbnails
Is your taco matte black?-ranger-3.jpg   Is your taco matte black?-ranger-1.jpg   Is your taco matte black?-ranger-2.jpg  
Old 12-01-2011, 05:25 PM   #43
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrob1 View Post
They are outrageous. They are the biggest supplier, printer, and installer in the nation probably. They have schools to teach people how to install. Mor ethan likely if you sent your truck there not only will they charge you that much, but they will have a student put it on. They are the best, but you pay big money for it. Try to find a mom and pop shop with good wrap references to do it. Honestly the only part I would be scared to do on a taco is the fog light buckets on the front bumper.

Here is a Polaris Ranger I did...
That looks really good man, I plan on running an after market bumper, dont know if the bumper will come first or the wrap so the fog lights might now be an issue at all. Ill keep looking around though.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #44
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I don't know why I didn't think to tell you this sooner, but a couple of my bros do really good work with all that stuff.

I know they're kind of a drive from you up in Bako, but if you do go with them you won't be disappointed! They're the only ones I would go to for tint, glass work and vinyl wrap. I would make the drive just to hang out with Norm and Miah.

Give them a call and tell them that their bro, Will sent you.

http://www.viptint.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/viptint?sk=info
Old 12-02-2011, 10:22 AM   #45

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=BFF BILL;4121634]Hey I don't know why I didn't think to tell you this sooner, but a couple of my bros do really good work with all that stuff.

I know they're kind of a drive from you up in Bako, but if you do go with them you won't be disappointed! They're the only ones I would go to for tint, glass work and vinyl wrap. I would make the drive just to hang out with Norm and Miah.

Give them a call and tell them that their bro, Will sent you.

http://www.viptint.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/viptint?sk=info[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot man, I dont mind driving down there to get the wrap done at all, I will hit these guys up as soon as I am ready to get it wrapped. Appreciate it.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #46
ckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of lightckblum is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cam
ckblum's Tacoma Gallery
I'm thinking of wrapping my truck in a dark gray vinyl. But all the shops here charge a few grand for wraps and I might as well get a paint job, I think I could do it myself I just wanna know what materials I need and where the best place is to buy it online?