Wax on wax off

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 04:13 AM   #41
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
oh yeah......you need a good polish and wax.......makes for a very smooth and shiny exterior!! i will recommend claybar first, then a good polish like a meguiars or mothers polish, then a good wax.......i use eagle1 nanowax, and i also use that new turtle wax ice.........works pretty good for me! i usually wash a couple times a week, and in summer.....ill probably wash every week or so, and claybar/polish/wax about twice a month, once if im busy fishing......which seems to be the case alot now!!
A couple of times a week?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #42
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-2 View Post
A couple of times a week?
whats wrong with that?? i said "usually" anyway! actually,havent washed in a month......we are having a drought, and major water restriction! but like i said,whats wrong with that?? hell,i know people that wash and detail their rides almost everyday!!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 AM   #43
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Whats everyone use to clean the inside of their trucks? How many use armorall?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #44
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
Whats everyone use to clean the inside of their trucks? How many use armorall?
I used armorall for years, but some one recently told me that it is actually harmful.

I have only vacuumed and cleaned the windows in my Tacoma. It never really gets that dirty.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #45
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
I just took my dogs to the groomers to get their summer shaving and now I have dog hair all over the back and dog droll every where. I never really liked armorall but have always used it, looking to try something new.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #46
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
I just took my dogs to the groomers to get their summer shaving and now I have dog hair all over the back and dog droll every where. I never really liked armorall but have always used it, looking to try something new.

for the dash and interior plastics and such, ive been using eagle1 nanoprotectant, and i also use some meguiars vinyl and rubber 40 protectant. the eagle1 i really like because it has a nice shine to it, but it isnt greasy at all.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:39 PM   #47
rancid is on a distinguished road
rancid's Tacoma Gallery
i stay away from armorall....the orginal stuff is safe but the others aren't. From what I've read on the data sheets and people's experiences, the orginal forumula is safe.

I don't use it because I don't like the gloss it produces. It has too much glare and it's dangerous when the sun hits it. I just use a damp micro fiber cloth to wipe the dash down. If you really must...Meguiar's Quick detailer does a great job of cleaning the plastic as well. And it doesn't stain.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 PM   #48
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
There's a difference between cleaning and protecting. You should clean before you protect. Otherwise you're just laying protection on top of funk. Most people's steering wheels and shifters are nasty. I use a 6:1 mix of water and Woolite in a spray bottle, on a white rag. Wipe down your dash and steering wheel and see what funk comes off. This mix is safe for all other leather surfaces too. To clean I use a brush and 303 Upholstry Cleaner.

To protect I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's great for any plastic, vinyl, or rubber. It's light, not greasy. Adds a little bit of shine, and a lot of protection. You can get it online or some RV or Boat stores.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #49
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb2themax View Post
There's a difference between cleaning and protecting. You should clean before you protect. Otherwise you're just laying protection on top of funk. Most people's steering wheels and shifters are nasty. I use a 6:1 mix of water and Woolite in a spray bottle, on a white rag. Wipe down your dash and steering wheel and see what funk comes off. This mix is safe for all other leather surfaces too. To clean I use a brush and 303 Upholstry Cleaner.

To protect I use 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's great for any plastic, vinyl, or rubber. It's light, not greasy. Adds a little bit of shine, and a lot of protection. You can get it online or some RV or Boat stores.
That 303 stuff sounds expensive. I wonder why they don't sell it at regular auto stores?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 AM   #50
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
That 303 stuff sounds expensive. I wonder why they don't sell it at regular auto stores?
$11.33 members price at camping world. $13.33 regular price for a 16 oz spray bottle. I guess it is just an industry specific thing, kind of like you can't get rv gelcoat polish at the local auto zone either? I'd offer to pick it up at the camping world discount price and send it to you, but it would be more than the 2 bucks to ship it, but at camping world.com you can search for your nearest location.

Failing that, some walmarts have pretty big RV sections they might carry it there?
Old 08-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #51
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
$11.33 members price at camping world. $13.33 regular price for a 16 oz spray bottle. I guess it is just an industry specific thing, kind of like you can't get rv gelcoat polish at the local auto zone either? I'd offer to pick it up at the camping world discount price and send it to you, but it would be more than the 2 bucks to ship it, but at camping world.com you can search for your nearest location.

Failing that, some walmarts have pretty big RV sections they might carry it there?
It just doesn't sound like it's worth all that trouble. I will look into Wal-Mart and see what they have. Otherwise, my father has a Camping World membership. I can get him to pick some up.

Thanks though!
Old 08-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #52
Mod Master
pb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the roughpb2themax is a jewel in the rough

pb2themax's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Bein' cool ain't cheap.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 PM   #54
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsix View Post
I have the best scrubbing. Thank You.
SW WI.
WTF???????
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #55
Secret Agent
Viper-2 will become famous soon enough
Viper-2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
whats wrong with that?? i said "usually" anyway! actually,havent washed in a month......we are having a drought, and major water restriction! but like i said,whats wrong with that?? hell,i know people that wash and detail their rides almost everyday!!
Nothing I suppose if one has nothing else to do.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM   #56
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
WTF???????
seriously, i dont understand most of his posts....
Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 AM   #57
Banned
ghostsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon Lake.
ghostsix's Tacoma Gallery
I just moved the thing in time. A tree fell where it was.
I limbed it with a kukuri just to show my displeasure, It is chain saw time now.
The War Wagon was not desinged for arial assult.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:30 AM   #58
Banned
ghostsix is an unknown quantity at this point
Location: A WI farm, Sonora, Sedona, Lake Havesue and Canyon Lake.
ghostsix's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
WTF???????
Had one heck of a rain here. If it is not clean now, it never will be.
Mine is leather.

Products Discussed in this Thread