Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax on wax off

Reply
 
Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
ZonKs [OP] ZonKs is offline
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold
 
ZonKs's Avatar
Joined: May 2007, #1711
Location: Glendale, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,056
ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Wax on wax off

Hey,

Do you guys and gals wax your Tacomas? If so, what do you use and how often do you do it. Is is recommended?

Ted
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
tacomaman06's Avatar
Name: Will
Joined: May 2007, #1475
Location: York,South Carolina
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,351
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
oh yeah......you need a good polish and wax.......makes for a very smooth and shiny exterior!! i will recommend claybar first, then a good polish like a meguiars or mothers polish, then a good wax.......i use eagle1 nanowax, and i also use that new turtle wax ice.........works pretty good for me! i usually wash a couple times a week, and in summer.....ill probably wash every week or so, and claybar/polish/wax about twice a month, once if im busy fishing......which seems to be the case alot now!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
Joined: Sep 2006, #7
Location: East Bay, CA
Age: 37
Gender: Dude
Posts: 5,605
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing beats a good old fashioned mud bath!


I've heard that Zaino is the ****
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
flyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyman767 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
flyman767's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2007, #1332
Location: Poland, Ohio
Posts: 149
flyman767's Tacoma Gallery
I use Zaino, best wax I've ever used. Easy to apply, beads exceptionally well, excellent shine.... lasts long.

tacomaman...

I've seen the infomercial for Turtle Ice and appears to be a similar product as Zaino. I'm always exceptionally leery with a product being advertised via an infomercial? As I said, I'm happy with Zaino; however, during the Turtle Ice infomercial they waxed all plastic body panels and they claim Turtle Ice does not leave the notorious white-blotchy, waxy residue behind. I have yet to find a wax that can fulfill that claim. I've always found trying to remove wax from plastic panels edges can be difficult. Zaino is a great product, but you still have to be careful waxing outside the paint or chrome. Zaino applied to plastic will with some effort.... allow the user to remove the small amount of white-residue left behind. Turtle Ice claims: easy to use, lasts long, exceptional shine and no white residue of any kind. Curious, if you found all these claims to be valid??? Also, if the product is good as they say it is... being able to purchase locally would be a big plus.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
oh yeah......you need a good polish and wax.......makes for a very smooth and shiny exterior!! i will recommend claybar first, then a good polish like a meguiars or mothers polish, then a good wax.......i use eagle1 nanowax, and i also use that new turtle wax ice.........works pretty good for me! i usually wash a couple times a week, and in summer.....ill probably wash every week or so, and claybar/polish/wax about twice a month, once if im busy fishing......which seems to be the case alot now!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kilo's Avatar
Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
Joined: Apr 2007, #1283
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 647
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Once a day, once a week, once a month, doesn't matter, that taco will keep running fine, LOL. I have had mine for about 2 months now and with all the rain we have had in North Texas I've only washed Bessy once in the 2 months.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 AM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
tacomaman06's Avatar
Name: Will
Joined: May 2007, #1475
Location: York,South Carolina
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,351
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyman767 View Post
I use Zaino, best wax I've ever used. Easy to apply, beads exceptionally well, excellent shine.... lasts long.

tacomaman...

I've seen the infomercial for Turtle Ice and appears to be a similar product as Zaino. I'm always exceptionally leery with a product being advertised via an infomercial? As I said, I'm happy with Zaino; however, during the Turtle Ice infomercial they waxed all plastic body panels and they claim Turtle Ice does not leave the notorious white-blotchy, waxy residue behind. I have yet to find a wax that can fulfill that claim. I've always found trying to remove wax from plastic panels edges can be difficult. Zaino is a great product, but you still have to be careful waxing outside the paint or chrome. Zaino applied to plastic will with some effort.... allow the user to remove the small amount of white-residue left behind. Turtle Ice claims: easy to use, lasts long, exceptional shine and no white residue of any kind. Curious, if you found all these claims to be valid??? Also, if the product is good as they say it is... being able to purchase locally would be a big plus.
alot of people dont like the the tw"ice"......but i think its awesome. no white powdery residua at all, very awesome on plastic(mirrors too....not glass however)....very good shine, it just doesnt last as long as they claim, but i can deal with that!! plus,u can get it at walmart or autozone!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 AM   #7
Senior Member
TRDeity is on a distinguished road
 
TRDeity's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2007, #774
Location: ATX
Posts: 465
TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
Once a day, once a week, once a month, doesn't matter, that taco will keep running fine, LOL. I have had mine for about 2 months now and with all the rain we have had in North Texas I've only washed Bessy once in the 2 months.
I know how you feel kilo. I've had my Taco since January and only gotten to wash it twice. It has rained at least once a week (usually on the weekends) since I've got my truck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
007Tacoma's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Jan 2007, #643
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 33
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,706
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
I know how you feel kilo. I've had my Taco since January and only gotten to wash it twice. It has rained at least once a week (usually on the weekends) since I've got my truck.
Speaking of which - TRDeity, how are you doing? There is a ton of flooding around Austin. San Antonio has had some localized flooding as well. Right now the sky is dark grey and it won't stop raining at my office.

I hope all is well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 07:37 AM   #9
nd nd is offline
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts
 
nd's Avatar
Name: Nate
Joined: Mar 2007, #1047
Location: Greenville, SC
Age: 32
Gender: Guy
Posts: 12,740
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I don't wash Truck very often. once every month or so. Better than my old car which i washed once maybe twice a year
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 AM   #10
Member
Dominant967 is on a distinguished road
 
Dominant967's Avatar
Joined: May 2007, #1521
Location: Delaware
Posts: 48
Dominant967's Tacoma Gallery
turtle wax ice try it, its awesome.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #11
Senior Member
TRDeity is on a distinguished road
 
TRDeity's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2007, #774
Location: ATX
Posts: 465
TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Speaking of which - TRDeity, how are you doing? There is a ton of flooding around Austin. San Antonio has had some localized flooding as well. Right now the sky is dark grey and it won't stop raining at my office.

I hope all is well.
We're doing well. We used to have a problem with our garage flooding when it rained hard but we put up a retaining wall and dug a drainage trench around the back of our house which is working great. I just need to finish it up by lining the trench with a lot of large rocks and filling it in with river rock, so my truck has become a rock hauler most weekends now. How 'bout you, are you all moved now? Any offers on the Houston house?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #12
Junior Member
satxcubfan is on a distinguished road
Joined: May 2007, #1704
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 19
satxcubfan's Tacoma Gallery
The rains have my lawn looking like a freakin' golf coarse, but the Tacoma is a dirty mess stashed in the garage. I had gone to Wally World a few weeks ago, right after I bought the truck, and loaded up on cleaning supplies for the Tacoma, but I haven't been able to get anything done with these daily downpours we've been getting.
Oh well...back to the garage. I'm almost finished building the ark for me, the Tacoma, the dog and 5,279 cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon. LOL!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:42 AM   #13
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
007Tacoma's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Jan 2007, #643
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 33
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,706
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDeity View Post
We're doing well. We used to have a problem with our garage flooding when it rained hard but we put up a retaining wall and dug a drainage trench around the back of our house which is working great. I just need to finish it up by lining the trench with a lot of large rocks and filling it in with river rock, so my truck has become a rock hauler most weekends now. How 'bout you, are you all moved now? Any offers on the Houston house?
No offers. No offers. So half our stuff is there and half here. The new house is nice though. It is nice to not be living in an RV anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:43 AM   #14
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
007Tacoma's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Jan 2007, #643
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 33
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,706
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by satxcubfan View Post
The rains have my lawn looking like a freakin' golf coarse, but the Tacoma is a dirty mess stashed in the garage. I had gone to Wally World a few weeks ago, right after I bought the truck, and loaded up on cleaning supplies for the Tacoma, but I haven't been able to get anything done with these daily downpours we've been getting.
Oh well...back to the garage. I'm almost finished building the ark for me, the Tacoma, the dog and 5,279 cases of Pabst Blue Ribbon. LOL!!!
I know exactly what you mean! Except for the Pabst thing, I had to give up drinking.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #15
nd nd is offline
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts
 
nd's Avatar
Name: Nate
Joined: Mar 2007, #1047
Location: Greenville, SC
Age: 32
Gender: Guy
Posts: 12,740
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I know exactly what you mean! Except for the Pabst thing, I had to give up drinking.
thats too bad, why did you have to stop?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #16
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
007Tacoma's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Jan 2007, #643
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 33
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,706
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
thats too bad, why did you have to stop?
Intestinal issues and such. Also my wife doesn't drink, and I don't like drinking alone.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #17
nd nd is offline
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts
 
nd's Avatar
Name: Nate
Joined: Mar 2007, #1047
Location: Greenville, SC
Age: 32
Gender: Guy
Posts: 12,740
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Intestinal issues and such. Also my wife doesn't drink, and I don't like drinking alone.
Wow, thats a sad story, you should go have a drink to make yourself feel better....
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #18
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
kilo's Avatar
Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
Joined: Apr 2007, #1283
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 647
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear that, but, nobody likes a quitter! Just joshing, good luck to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:23 PM   #19
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
Joined: Feb 2007, #875
Location: charlotte nc
Posts: 840
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
GOLD MEGUIARS GOLD THAT IS. thats the only wax i have ever used yes its a little bit of a pain to get off if you put it on to think. but it passed the towel test. whats that you ask i had a 98 z28 camaro with a very big long hood. i would through a towel at the base of the window and it had to slide off the hood for the wax to be good enuf for me. just my 2 cents.

but i do have to say the ice infomertials have got me thinking
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 AM   #20
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
007Tacoma's Avatar
Name: Mark
Joined: Jan 2007, #643
Location: San Antonio, TX
Age: 33
Gender: Guy
Posts: 6,706
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo View Post
Sorry to hear that, but, nobody likes a quitter! Just joshing, good luck to you.
Rehab is for quitters, sabbaticals are for those who can pace themselves.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Products Discussed in this Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turtle Wax - ICE Wax MattDubs Detailing 21 02-14-2012 09:41 PM
FS: Wax... Yeah, wax. Tacomanator Buy / Sell / Trade - Other 8 10-07-2011 03:24 PM
Who uses Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Wax? 2003 TRD Man Detailing 12 05-01-2011 06:27 PM
What is the best wax? MadeInMaine Detailing 60 09-28-2010 08:37 AM
Turtle Wax Zip Wax kilgoja Detailing 1 07-02-2009 10:06 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.