Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scuffs on door (pics inside)

Old 12-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #22
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns Taco View Post
Everyone is too nice here........way too nice.
+1

It's not my truck but its still pissing me off! I'd go ape shit!! I'd sit in my truck until he came out and ask him WTF his problem was!

If you don't like confrontation, try pouring fish juice into his air intake at the bottom of his windshield. Or sugar in the gas tank.

Of course, I'm just joking and would not indorse these illegal activities!!

Old 12-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #23
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco-NB View Post
+1

It's not my truck but its still pissing me off! I'd go ape shit!! I'd sit in my truck until he came out and ask him WTF his problem was!

If you don't like confrontation, try pouring fish juice into his air intake at the bottom of his windshield. Or sugar in the gas tank.

+1 Not fish juice tho, heard asians like that.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #24
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
just park so close to him that he can't open his door, problem solved
I did this once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorseforever View Post
Sliders to prevent future damage. Turtle Wax rubbing compound to remove past damage.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
This.

Quote:
I agree.

Quote:
+1

Quote:
+1 Not fish juice tho, heard asians like that.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
Jaredconat863 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jared
Jaredconat863's Tacoma Gallery
magic eraser

I just got done cleaning , touch up painting ( from idiot who hit my rear qtr panel ) and removing light scuffs and scratches . I was park at my condo and my truck was apparently slammed into , broke light , big dent and minor scratches . Still hunting for this pussy but anyways back to the point of this thread I just used a magic eraser and wow for any light scratches and bugs on the front end this product is simply amazing !
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #26
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
My past two cars had a line of dents from my wife's car (she said it was the daughters). The truck got a few (I did ask nice for them to be careful but the women at my house are hot blooded). No more since i put the steps on.

Magic eraser, I like it!
Old 12-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #27
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredconat863 View Post
I just used a magic eraser and wow for any light scratches and bugs on the front end this product is simply amazing !

Are you talking the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? That's like 1000 grit scotch brite... I might work but the paint/finish is still paying the price.
Old 12-14-2011, 04:53 PM   #28
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hmmmm I might try the magic eraser. My truck is a gold color so any swirls it makes shouldn't be too noticeable.

Besides, I'd rather have some swirls that you can hardly see unless you're looking at it in th light from a certain angle than those hideous marks!
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 AM   #29

Yeah my truck is white . The finish looks just fine after light magic eraser use .
Old 12-15-2011, 05:16 AM   #30
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Chicks dig body damage?

Lol but seriously, this will not stop until you confront the guy.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #31

Even used it on the Chrome finished grill , not a scratch on it . Just get it a little damp and go to town ! You wont be disappointed .
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmerboy2112 View Post
Chicks dig body damage?

Lol but seriously, this will not stop until you confront the guy.

I changed spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredconat863 View Post
Even used it on the Chrome finished grill , not a scratch on it . Just get it a little damp and go to town ! You wont be disappointed .
I think I'll do this today and see what happens.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #33
D13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of lightD13 is a glorious beacon of light
Name: D
D13's Tacoma Gallery
Wow.. once or twice is one thing, but damn!! thats a whole lotta disrespect.

One reason i got sliders a year before i knew i would actually need them is to prevent some dings. After i bought the taco, i park in my garage religiously, NEVER in the condo parking lot anymore.

Ya might want to be the good neighbor and warn the new occupant of the parking spot haaa.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #34

I'll leave them a note when I see somebody else parked there.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:59 PM   #35

So I used a Magic Eraser on it and.....

Voila! Looks to have gotten most of those scuffs off! I'll have to look at it again tomorrow in daylight, but it seems to have worked out just fine. Thanks guys!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #36
MARSHBUSTER is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Jim
MARSHBUSTER's Tacoma Gallery
Put a thin coat of grease on his wiper blades and next time it rains he will be SOL!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #37
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
You should take a shit in his heater core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Alternatively, break the handle off that other piece of shit's door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Wait till summer, pour cottage cheese or sour cream down the vents right in front of his windshield
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARSHBUSTER View Post
Put a thin coat of grease on his wiper blades and next time it rains he will be SOL!!!!!!
Quote:
Old 12-16-2011, 04:03 PM   #38

Good deal man !
Old 12-18-2011, 04:43 PM   #39
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
3M brand

Perfect-It

It is a very fine cut rubbing compound use it by hand, orbital or high speed.

It is pretty hard to ruin your vehicle paint with it except if you use a high speed buffer incorrectly.

It is what pros use but a novice can as well it will take out scuffs and and residual clear coat burn or paint from the other vehicle.

Some auto part stores carry it.

I have never tried a magic eraser on a vehicle, but I guess as long as you do it softly and with enough water it is a very fine cut pad. 3M makes a perfect it pad as well.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #40
Night is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shedNight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Night's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
+1

Contrary to belief sugar doesn't wreck a engine. It only clogs the filters. Put bleach, or put some water in his tank for some damage