LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scuffs on door (pics inside)

Old 12-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Scuffs on door (pics inside)

Ok, so basically the car I park (I should say parked, I asked for a different spot. ) next to at my apartment complex has opened his door into my doors multiple times. By multiple, I mean about 30+. Yes, I counted the scuffs. Anyways, there are no "dings" fortunately, just the paint scuffs. Will these come out with a wax or anything? Or should I confront this guy that obviously has no respect for other people's property and make him pay? Just because you drive a shitty 1992 Ford Taurus doesn't mean you can repeatedly open your door into mine. Motherfucker. Anyways, can I even do that (ask him to pay for the damages)? Any advice would be much appreciated. Sliders are in the works!

Best I could do for now. This is all from the same person. Looks much worse in person. I will get more pics in better light tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Wash, Clay Bar, Polish and Wax. I had something similar and I used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound for the polish step and it took it out. It didn't work on the fender flares but worked on the paint. If simple detailing you can do by hand doesn't work, I'd make the dipshit who did it pay. That crap pisses me off.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Get some sliders so when he opens his door into your door, his sh*t will get messed up and you will be fine.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Wash, Clay Bar, Polish and Wax. I had something similar and I used Meguiar's Ultimate Compound for the polish step and it took it out. It didn't work on the fender flares but worked on the paint. If simple detailing you can do by hand doesn't work, I'd make the dipshit who did it pay. That crap pisses me off.
I'll have to try this. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Get some sliders so when he opens his door into your door, his sh*t will get messed up and you will be fine.
I would, but I don't have money for sliders.

Working on it though.

I've since changed my parking space.

I wish I had moved sooner...
Old 12-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Yea what pugga said..

I usually just use a rubbing compound then follow it up with a wax.

You gotta know that it is not gunna just come out. You gotta use some elbow grease.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
Yea what pugga said..

I usually just use a rubbing compound then follow it up with a wax.

You gotta know that it is not gunna just come out. You gotta use some elbow grease.
Oh I was expecting elbow grease.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I let the others speak to your detailing question but I will say this:

You should take a shit in his heater core.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I let the others speak to your detailing question but I will say this:

You should take a shit in his heater core.
Tempting.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I hate the kind of people that don't care about their own shit and figure they don't need to care about yours either.

Tell the apartment manager you're sick and tired of your car being damaged and that you want a different assigned space. Alternatively, break the handle off that other piece of shit's door.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #11

I already switched spots. It's in the first sentence.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #12
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I already switched spots. It's in the first sentence.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #13
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Sliders don't always protect you from "door dings" i.e. doors and shopping carts. Ask me how I know

Derek..maybe that person is obese and had to prompt his/her door really wide to get out
Old 12-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
What's bad is when you are standing there and they bash your doors and look at you like you have two heads when you say something to them

for getting a different parking spot
Old 12-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #15
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Wait till summer, pour cottage cheese or sour cream down the vents right in front of his windshield
Old 12-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
Sliders don't always protect you from "door dings" i.e. doors and shopping carts. Ask me how I know

Derek..maybe that person is obese and had to prompt his/her door really wide to get out
I don't care that doesn't mean they can destroy my property! Maybe they should lose some weight.

P.S. It's some small Asian guy...
Old 12-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
What's bad is when you are standing there and they bash your doors and look at you like you have two heads when you say something to them

for getting a different parking spot
Luckily that's never happened to me. I'd go ape shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Wait till summer, pour cottage cheese or sour cream down the vents right in front of his windshield
Old 12-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #18
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
just park so close to him that he can't open his door, problem solved
Old 12-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #19
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders to prevent future damage. Turtle Wax rubbing compound to remove past damage.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #20

ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I don't care that doesn't mean they can destroy my property!
This.