LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

The shade hides a lot when you detail your truck

Old 12-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
The shade hides a lot when you detail your truck

So I detail cars on the side and I do my truck every week, Its funny to me how you can detail a car or truck in the shade and make it look great but as soon as you take it somewhere where the sun is beaming on it you can see all kinds of flaws if not done right. I use microfiber towels and the windows are what seems to fool me, marks everywhere when the sun hits it just right. Do you have this problem and if you dont what do you use? I drive the car into the sun to see where my problem spots are. Especially with dark colors and the inside of the windows.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I never can get my windows flawless but damn close. I use sprayway glass cleaner and it seems to be the best I've found.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #3
Steel Curtain!!
beerye is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
beerye's Tacoma Gallery
I used to detail Cadillacs, back in the day, and we always used the foam in a can made by zep. Usually, I would clean the windows using the product and a micro cloth, then after I finished, I would go back with a clean micro cloth and just wipe them down again in the sun. Never had complaints
Old 12-13-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Erich
Surferdude's Tacoma Gallery
Newspaper

Just remembered this. Years ago I learned to use crumpled up newspapers instead of towels, with good ole Windex.

Don't remember/know why but I do recall it didn't leave any streaks and was way better than towels.

Hmm, I may have to try again and see how it goes.

I do remember having really inky fingers afterwards though.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
You know what I found out does a GREAT job on windows? Believe it or not, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, in the spray bottle. When used with a microfiber cloth, just a couple'o spritzes and a little elbow grease gives you crystal clear windows! Really works well.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
i use some industrial foam glass cleaner that i used to get at work. i never have problems with my windows, i have to find it and take a pic of the bottle to see if i can find it online
Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I owned a detail biz for 5 years. If I wanted to replicate the sun while working in the shade or indoors, I used a 3M SunGun. There are other alternatives out there, but they are well worth their weight in gold.

Here's a comparison pic between the sungun and the real sun.

Even an overhead garage light can do the trick

Old 12-24-2011, 12:13 PM   #8
Erich
Surferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedSurferdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Invisible Glass

Wow, I didn't expect this to work so well. Was at my local Walgreens today, as a corp. employee I got 25% of today so I was shopping hungry.

Came across this:

The shade hides a lot when you detail your truck-img_0341.jpg

Used some crumpled up newspaper instead of cloth or paper towels and WOW! It was actually a little odd at first driving down the road as I felt like there was no windshield.

Here's a pic through the shield. What glass? Dang, now I can see how dirty my wife's Highlander is.
The shade hides a lot when you detail your truck-img_0349.jpg
Old 12-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #9
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
stoner FTMFW
Old 12-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #10
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Invisble Glass is the best stuff out there. Use for home and auto. Inexpensive, you don't need alot, streak free, and safe on tint. I swear by it.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM   #11
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
I use sprayway glass cleaner and microfiber usually..

you can try vinegar and water, clean with newspaper... yea newspaper.. no streaks. make sure you wear gloves though or your hands will turn black.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
Erich

Marines:
Yup, that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leveltwo View Post
I use sprayway glass cleaner and microfiber usually..

you can try vinegar and water, clean with newspaper... yea newspaper.. no streaks. make sure you wear gloves though or your hands will turn black.
I always used newspaper on my windows as a kid, with my '73 Gran Torino, 4 door. Totally forgot about it until earlier in this thread and had the recollection.

Just used newspaper again with Invisible Glass and Holey Sheet! Even my kids commented on how clear the windows were.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
DAMN GOOD DEAL!!
TRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDKenE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kenny
TRDKenE's Tacoma Gallery
If you have tinted windows be careful as to what product you use. Make sure you arent using a product with ammonia as it will turn your tint purple
Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
Stoner invisable glass is great !!!!!

If u have hard water spots then ths is the best ever !! See below

http://www.autogeek.net/dppeviglkit.html

Or diamondite version

http://www.autogeek.net/diamondite-glasswork-kit.html
Old 01-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
emt49126 is on a distinguished road
EMS: Emt-Basic
Name: Rodney
emt49126's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Surferdude;4242441]Wow, I didn't expect this to work so well. Was at my local Walgreens today, as a corp. employee I got 25% of today so I was shopping hungry.

Came across this:

Attachment 130427

I use the same thing but with the rain replant (misspelled sorry)
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #16
nvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to allnvrenuf is a name known to all

Navy: Petty Officer First Class
Name: Matt
nvrenuf's Tacoma Gallery
I use the glass cleaner from Safelite and a cloth diaper on a regular basis, but I'll use newspaper or coffee filters if I want them ultra streak-free.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
I had some waterspots etched on the exterior surfaces of my windows. I used claybar and it actually removed most of the spots. Had to press pretty hard on the claybar though. For the interior surface of the glass I just use a lightly moist microfiber towel and follow up with a dry one. I have tint so I don't want to scratch the film up.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #18
dbudny is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
dbudny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Garage View Post
You know what I found out does a GREAT job on windows? Believe it or not, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, in the spray bottle. When used with a microfiber cloth, just a couple'o spritzes and a little elbow grease gives you crystal clear windows! Really works well.
X2