Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Removing blood

Old 11-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...s-my-seat.html

Took me longer to read your post than to walk upstairs to the search dept, dust off the file cabinet and type in blood stains.

That search link is a wonder drug....take it sometimes.

Tough love

Hydrogen Peroxide....You could always just call the police dept, ask for the crime scene investigator and ask them too.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
ok i dont want to be mean but i have to ask what the blood was from. i feel kinda sick thinking about it.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
DestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of lightDestroyerFan is a glorious beacon of light

DestroyerFan's Tacoma Gallery
I use this stuff called Folex. I get it at Home Depot. It's gotten out blood stains from my clothes. Along with coffee stains etc. It works wonders.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #8
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerFan View Post
I use this stuff called Folex. I get it at Home Depot. It's gotten out blood stains from my clothes. Along with coffee stains etc. It works wonders.
x2 for Folex - it's pretty good. It got a massive smear of chocolate out of one of my seats. I don't think there's anything too scientific about it though - I think it just dissolves the stain and allows it to seep into the foam below. Oh well, out of sight, out of mind!
Old 11-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Given my accident history, one would think I would be a PRO at this, but, it seems I have never gotten blood in my truck.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:36 AM   #10
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Well crap...I am not replacing the seat, if the stain won't come out I will just cover it.

The blood is from a hunting trip, in the process of loading it up, I kinda got splattered, and did not know it............it was dark.

I will try the above ideas plus do a little looking, and will post if I have GREAT NEWS
What did you try? Did it work? Buy some Wet Okole seat covers and you don't have to worry about it.

Coca-cola will remove blood stains from non-porous surface such as the bed of the truck or concrete, just a little FYI .
Old 01-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
In the ER, if the blood if fresh, we use Hydrogen Peroxide. When it's dry, then hydrogen peroxide soak, followed up by detergent or spray and wash.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestroyerFan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by petersharp View Post
x2 for Folex - it's pretty good. It got a massive smear of chocolate out of one of my seats. I don't think there's anything too scientific about it though - I think it just dissolves the stain and allows it to seep into the foam below. Oh well, out of sight, out of mind!
I found this thread shortly after spilling beef stew on my passenger seat. Three days after the stain set I finally went to Home Depot and picked up some Folex and it worked beautifully. Thanks for the idea and recommendation!

Maybe someday if I need to re-cover the seats I'll see if the stain just ended up in the foam. For now, who cares, right?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #13
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
good to know i always have blood splatters all over the inside of the truck....god damn hookers anyway.....
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 AM   #14
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
tuff-stuff is the best thing i have found. it will take out almost anything. if that don't work you might check with your local detailing shop because they have alot of tricks
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #15
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
In that last post, the Oxy-clean worked for me. I haven't tried it on blood, but if you have cola stains, oil stains, or dirt stains, HOST dry carpet cleaner works amazingly well. I wouldn't bother with the weird vacuum they have or all the other stuff. Just get the box of dry cleaner, spread it on, brush it in with a clean shop brush, vacuum it up.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 AM   #17
Quivira9 is on a distinguished road
Quivira9's Tacoma Gallery
ICE is the best way to remove blood, use it before anything else
Old 07-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Banned
Pster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shedPster is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Pster's Tacoma Gallery
OxyClean or Peroxide. You need something that will eat away the organic matter without harming the fibers/fabric. The active ingredient in OxyClean is Sodium Peroxide. OxyClean will usually work really well but you have to get the mix correct and use it FRESH. It will degrade in its effectiveness after mixed.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #19
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pster View Post
OxyClean or Peroxide. You need something that will eat away the organic matter without harming the fibers/fabric. The active ingredient in OxyClean is Sodium Peroxide. OxyClean will usually work really well but you have to get the mix correct and use it FRESH. It will degrade in its effectiveness after mixed.
who will sell us the oxyclean now......
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #20
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
who will sell us the oxyclean now......
Some people said celebs parrish in 3s. Billy Mayes Showed up and said YOU GET ANOTHER ONE FOR FREE!