Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax brand new truck?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beth
Lunercrab's Tacoma Gallery
Wax brand new truck?

Ok so I just got my new 2012. It's winter here but still hovering around the mid 40s. Anyways before the real bad weather hits is it ok to wax a brand new truck? I wanna try to protect it as soon as i can, but I have no access to a garage so I'm wondering if it's too cold already. Suggestions? Btw I'd prob be using the ntx 2.0 I have.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #3
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
to cold.need to have heated garage or heated detail shop,otherwise wait till it gets warmer.my opinion.
X2
Old 12-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
yes. i agree with sooner. find a warm place and wax the hell out of her!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #5
Git-r-Done
muleyhunter is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
muleyhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Yes too cold now.but if you can find a place to wax that puppy up definitely go for it I always wax ny cars up before winter and it makes it easier to keep them clean through the winter.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Spray on wax and dry after you wash
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
Norton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shedNorton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 17D4B w/ assignments in AFCC, AFSC, AFMC, AFSPC, AFRC, USAWC, NORAD-USNORTHCOM, USAFA
Name: Steve
Norton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner View Post
to cold.need to have heated garage or heated detail shop,otherwise wait till it gets warmer.my opinion.
This ^^. IIRC, most paint care products (e.g., waxes and polishes) work best when applied in temps of at least 50 degrees. When in doubt, though, check the package for product-specific usage instructions.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
AKA "06tacosport"
Lunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shedLunercrab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah kinda figured it was too cold. Damn gotta find someone with a heated garage now.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #11
AKA "06tacosport"

So far so good. Only really drove like 8k miles on them. Mine are e rated though so a bit of a rough ride but I got a great deal I couldn't pass up. Made sure those and the rims went onto the new ride first thing
Old 12-27-2011, 10:06 PM   #13
AKA "06tacosport"

^ thats my old 2010 baby I didn't take many pics of my new one except this quick one at the dealership of my 2012 (really miss my 2010 tho)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #14
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Wax will be hard to work with in cold temperatures. If your house is big enough, try to put it in the living room or game room and wax it there.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #15
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Check the package, for sure.

However, realize that if you park you truck in the sun the surface temperature of the truck will gain 20-50 degrees over the air temperature easily (depending on wind and paint color), and that might make it warm enough to do the wax. Keep the wax in your house until you're ready to start and you now have warm wax and warm paint.

Try a small spot and see how it applies / removes before committing to the whole truck.

Our wax works fine as long as the surface temperature is above freezing and the air temperature is not near the dew point.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #16
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I'll do it in the 40's like i would in the 70's. Sunny 40's is preferred though to get it up thta little extra bit.

I would also recommend the Mequires Ultimate wax over the NXT 2.0. I was also a proponent of the NXT 2.0 until just having tried the Ultimate. The ultimate is noticably improved over the NXT, and i have used it twice in the last 5 weeks, 1st at about 52 degress, and lastly at about 43 degrees. No issues and works great.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #17
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
come out here and do it. temp in the low 70's today.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
I hear ya'. I just washed and waxed my truck...and got sweaty.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:03 PM   #19
AKA "06tacosport"

^ lol u guys suck real feel today was 23
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
I hear ya'. I just washed and waxed my truck...and got sweaty.
x2!

Can't beat our Cali weather! Haha