Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Clay bar

Old 01-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

countrylivn's Tacoma Gallery
Clay bar

I think the claybar has to be the best thing ever invented for car detailing !!! I never go a day without one on hand !!! Washed truck today after a month and a half of rain and bad weather and had some sort of black gritty stuff all over front of bumper, grill, and headlights!! Would come off with wash mitt, net sponge, or cleaner wax.... Busted out clay bar and boom all gone !!! Took about 1 hour to do front of truck with all that gritty shit but now its been clay bar'd , prewax cleaner and finally waxed .... That bitch is slick as hell !!!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by invstmntbnkr View Post
I think the claybar has to be the best thing ever invented for car detailing !!! I never go a day without one !!!
I think claying every day is a little excessive
Old 01-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #3
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I think I have to agree
Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Too much clay bar=no more paint.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
jackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shedjackhart is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jackhart's Tacoma Gallery
i clay my personal vehicles about every 4-6 months, which is about every other wax job. i don't really find a need to do it more often than that. the clay only removes the contaminants in the crevices of your paint that accumulate over time. certainly doing it every day is a bit excessive. that being said, clay is a great detailer's tool that delivers very positive results.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:14 PM   #6
countrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shedcountrylivn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Lol damn keith u killing me !!! I meant there isnt a day i dont have one availabe ... In other words always have a claybar ready as it is as important as a flashlight
Old 01-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #8

Clay bar everyday would give me a total body ache !!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
Pit Snipe 1997 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Salty dog. LPD 6, ARDM 5,LHA 1,LSD 42, CVN 76. Various assingnments.
Name: Scott
Pit Snipe 1997's Tacoma Gallery
clay bar lubericant. dont waste money on the spray bottle everytime you do a clay job.....just use your carwash soap in a seperate bucket. mix soap with water and make sure you feel more soap then water and use it with your bar. ive found it works better then the spray bottle lube.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
I owned a car detailing company for 7 years and the CLAY BAR kicks ass! I highly recommend it! You only need to do it twice a year. Depending on where you live, or if its garaged. But if your car gets beat up and always out side, you can do it 3 times a year but more than that is a waste of time. **Always wax the truck after you clay bar it also. The clay bar removes stuff called "fall-out" Sap from trees, and removes all chemicals and contaminants in your paint. The clean surface make the wax much more effective
Old 01-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #11
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
I owned a car detailing company for 7 years and the CLAY BAR kicks ass! I highly recommend it! You only need to do it twice a year. Depending on where you live, or if its garaged. But if your car gets beat up and always out side, you can do it 3 times a year but more than that is a waste of time. **Always wax the truck after you clay bar it also. The clay bar removes stuff called "fall-out" Sap from trees, and removes all chemicals and contaminants in your paint. The clean surface make the wax much more effective
good stuff to know
Old 01-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Snipe 1997 View Post
clay bar lubericant. dont waste money on the spray bottle everytime you do a clay job.....just use your carwash soap in a seperate bucket. mix soap with water and make sure you feel more soap then water and use it with your bar. ive found it works better then the spray bottle lube.
just might have to try that
Old 01-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
SocalMGM is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
SocalMGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Snipe 1997 View Post
I agree with this, I use a mixture of "optimum No-Rinse" and water in a spray bottle. Works great! The owner of "Chemical Guys" detailing company recommended this to me.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
azred is on a distinguished road
Name: T
azred's Tacoma Gallery
Clay bar new vehicle?

I have a MGM Tacoma on order. I have been confused about whether to clay bar it or not once I get it. I bought the Maguier's Ultimate polish and wax, clay bar kit along with their soap and did my 02 Grand Prix GTP and was very impressed with the results. I of course did the wash, clay bar, polished and then waxed. What are the opinions on using clay bar on a newly purchased MGM Taco? I have heard conflicting information. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:10 PM   #15
rpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shedrpking is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roger
rpking's Tacoma Gallery
My Tacoma is a 2011, I have waxed it 2 or 3 times but I havent clay bar'd it yet. My question is since I have waxed it do I need to do anything special in order for the clay to work like it is intended to? Will the clay take the wax off and get down to the clear coat and get all the shit off, or do I need to strip the wax off first? Thanks