LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you wash your wheels?

Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 PM   #21
My truck is slow
alwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
alwaysat8k's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaro View Post
P21S is a really good wheel cleaner. Expensive but it works on every type of wheel.
I detail on the side. I use Sonax for most vehicles. P21S is a great wheel cleaner aswell. Both are all material/surface/paint friendly. Chemical guys also makes a nice wheel cleaner, but not as strong as Sonax or P21.

My steps to wheel cleaning are:

1. Degrease with Sonax or P21.
2. Let sit for about 10-15min.
3. Break down the wheel cleaner with an all purpose all material safe brush (for harder grime contaminants use a claybar).
4. Pressure rinse the hell out of the wheel.
5. Wash with a nice car shampoo and designated wheel mitt.
6. Dry with a designated wheel towel.
7. Seal and wax the wheel with a wheel sealant or designated wax. (Poorboys makes a very nice product for the money IMO.)

Whola, brand new wheels . This is at least what I used to do for my M3 and S2000. I have to realize sometimes that this IS a truck. Some may see my steps a little redudant, but its from a detailers perspective and gives the awesome results everytime.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #22
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
Be careful with wheel cleaners, they can damage your paint/finish if you buy the wrong one. I just use the same soap I wash my car with and a good wheel brush.
Same here.

I actually use baby shampoo to make my wash water. I wash the truck first (two bucket method) and then the leftover soapy water gets used on the wheels.

I keep my wheels well waxed and that helps the brake dust from sticking so much.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #23
rdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shedrdm197aps is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: Officer
Name: Rick
rdm197aps's Tacoma Gallery
purple power, toothbrush, metal polish.

purple power and toothbrush for the wheels, metal polish for the lug nuts... you gotta polish your nuts. girls like shiny nuts.

and don't use your tooth brush water head, grab the wifes... haha
Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 AM   #24
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold808TRDTaco10 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Am I the only one who goes with a sponge and scrubs every nook on the wheel? And I wash the truck every week, so small kine time consuming. lol

For the tires I use a brush with the soapy leftover water after I wash the truck.