LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How do you wash your wheels?

Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
How do you wash your wheels?

Like the title says, how do yall wash your wheels? Do you put the hose on full blast, sprayer nozzle, pressure washer, etc.?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
not that i think ive ever washed my own wheels, but when i have on other vehicles - i hit them with the pressure washer standing about 6-8 inchs away.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
Resident Lurker
JEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shedJEP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JEP's Tacoma Gallery
I use some stuff called S100 they sell it for motorcycles. I spray it on the wheels then go back and rinse it off with the hose on full blast. it removes a lot of the road grime and brake dust in the places that are hard to scrub. S100 also works well on bugs on the front end.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
how do yall rinse them?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw1 View Post
how do yall rinse them?
with water.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I USE A STEAM CLEANER
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I USE A STEAM CLEANER
I used to do that on my stockies, but i'm too paranoid to use it on my gloss blacks
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I know you use water but do yall hit them with the hose on full blast without a nozzle or do yall use a nozzle?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjw1 View Post
I know you use water but do yall hit them with the hose on full blast without a nozzle or do yall use a nozzle?
Old 01-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #11
I'm a zit. Get it?

just pee on them.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
i like to give mine a champagne shower
you're a sick man charlie brown.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:37 PM   #14
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
I think that I am using too much water and that is why my brakes have been acting up after I wash my truck. They dont act up if I go through a tunnel wash but if I hand wash my truck/wheels with the hose on full blast they act up.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
just pee on them.

This made my day. You just earned yourself a rep, sir.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #16
Tacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacos Por Vida is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dominick
Tacos Por Vida's Tacoma Gallery
I use mothers wheel cleaner, just spray it on and wash it off. The mothers wheel cleaner is nice cuz it doesn't leave your tires super shiny but they come out looking pretty clean. For the rims i spray them off with the hose and hand detail them with the left over soap also i hand dry them so i don't get any water stains.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #17
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
i use some black magic no scrub wheel cleaner. spray it on let it sit for and 5 min some times i have to scrub but most the time i donít. it just depends on how long it has been since i cleaned them last. if i have to scrub i scrub with a tire/wheel brush from wally world and hose off. use the nozzle and set it on shower.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful with wheel cleaners, they can damage your paint/finish if you buy the wrong one. I just use the same soap I wash my car with and a good wheel brush.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post

This made my day. You just earned yourself a rep, sir.

thanks!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #20
Barbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedBarbaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Barbaro's Tacoma Gallery
P21S is a really good wheel cleaner. Expensive but it works on every type of wheel.