Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Color match????

Old 01-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: civil engineer
Name: nicholas
rubberduckytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Color match????

So I want to paint my grill surround to match my super white taco. My ? Is what brand or type of spray paint is the closest match if anyone has tried it pics would be great but I'll also take your word lol. I'm crazy cheap lmao and I want to do a grill raft type grill for my taco and hate the chrome thanks
Old 01-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
rubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedrubberduckytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Lmao Cham I just found that site before you posted thanks its 20$ for a spray can
Old 01-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #4

Hope it matches :/
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #6
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
TennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really niceTennesseeFan76 is just really nice

Firefighter:
Name: Phill Goodfactor
TennesseeFan76's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Yeah... I'll prob get a can this week and have a go with it.
I want to do this too, Interrested to see how it turns out
Old 01-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
H Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shedH Bomb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Heather
H Bomb's Tacoma Gallery
By the way, the duplicolor brand doesn't match very well for the super white. I thought it would the cheap and easy way...but it was not even close to the correct shade...
Old 01-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
2 wheel member
RRnold is on a distinguished road

RRnold's Tacoma Gallery
I just received my paint from Automotivetouchup and it came out to under $60 for the paint, primer, clear etc. I was actually going to paint mine this weekend.

Another member here mentioned the partsgeek grill so I bought a black mica for $35 and it comes in 2 pieces so you don't have to mask off anything. I figured I can keep my chrome one as an extra piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Color match????-grille.jpg  
Old 01-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy already paint matched grilles at magauto.com for a decent price
Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
2 wheel member

RRnold's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
You can buy already paint matched grilles at magauto.com for a decent price
$178 isn't a bad price! There was another thread that were priced at $175.

BODY HARDWARE / GRILLE / GRILLE & COMPONENTS / Grille Grille painted, white

Online Price$178.81

https://www.magauto.com/buy/oem-toyo...ta-tacoma.html
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #11
TJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTJGARZA84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: TIM
TJGARZA84's Tacoma Gallery
I took my grill to a buddies shop to paint it to match and he charged $80 i cant see other charging that much - just take it to a painter and have it done.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #12
2 wheel member

RRnold's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJGARZA84 View Post
I took my grill to a buddies shop to paint it to match and he charged $80 i cant see other charging that much - just take it to a painter and have it done.
Yeah but not everyone has a "buddies shop"! Can you post up a pic?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
I tried painting mine before and after 60 bucks down the drain from bad duplicolor results I paid $100 and got min done professionaly with a warranty
Old 01-26-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck matching superwhite with a rattle can... I tried duplicolor, Krylon and even a much more expensive paintscratch.com. Paintscratch guarantees that their paint will match so I complained when the first set of cans didn't match so they sent me a second set, free of charge and it was better, but still not the same. I ended up just buying an OEM color matched for $185 shipped through a dealership. Lesson learned, Superwhite is tough to match...