Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Colormatched ARB Bumper?

View Poll Results: What do you guys think
Colormatched 29 70.73%
MGM or Silver 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Colormatched ARB Bumper?

Hey everybody I just wanted to post these up since Ive never seen a colormatch like this before. What do you guys think? I don't know if I like it I think I may do a contrasting color instead on my new bumper like a magnetic grey metallic or silver or something....

Colormatched ARB Bumper?-36.jpg
Colormatched ARB Bumper?-37.jpg
Old 01-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I really like the look of the ARB when it's color matched. If you wanted a contrasting color though, why didn't you just leave it black...
Old 01-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Personally, I really like the look of the ARB when it's color matched. If you wanted a contrasting color though, why didn't you just leave it black...
Its not mine its just a sample...but furthermore I just think black looks a little to harsh with speedway blue as its such a light and conversely bright color
Old 01-08-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
Its not mine its just a sample...but furthermore I just think black looks a little to harsh with speedway blue as its such a light and conversely bright color
Ooh, I thought you already color matched it and now were considering painting it another color. I still really like the look of the color matched ARB. The black rubbers give a little contrast and makes it look sharp. MGM could be interesting... Color matched still gets my vote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
oliverlove will become famous soon enough

Name: Oliver
oliverlove's Tacoma Gallery
Color matched speedway blue looks to mall crawler to me.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen white. Definitely interesting. It would grow on me though.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #7
Fish Head is on a distinguished road

Fish Head's Tacoma Gallery
I'm inclined to go with the black as well.
If you think black is too sharp a contrast, try it in a flat black over a gloss,.....it will be more subtle. Perhaps even have it finished with a ( tinted ) spray on box liner product - it will take far more abuse over "regular" paint jobs, plus the texture in a flat colour ( sorry - northerner spelling there ) will help in the subtle dept regardless of which you choose.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
I do agree with the Silver bumpers/sliders on a SWB Truck. This is Yota 4.0's 92' Pickup and it looks good.

Although, Kevin (Fire931/ATO) & Jandrews trucks both look good with SWB and black bumpers.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #11
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
I like the color matched. MGM or Silver will look good also, but then you will have to add the same color elsewhere so it match the rest of the truck, and does not look like you pulled it from another truck. Maybe the rear bumper and sliders.
I painted my bumpers, steps, bull bar etc. MGM and I like it. I also did a two-tone stripe at the bottom in MGM to tie everything together.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerseun View Post
I like the color matched. MGM or Silver will look good also, but then you will have to add the same color elsewhere so it match the rest of the truck, and does not look like you pulled it from another truck. Maybe the rear bumper and sliders.
I painted my bumpers, steps, bull bar etc. MGM and I like it. I also did a two-tone stripe at the bottom in MGM to tie everything together.
Yeah that what I was trying to say, definitely need all 3 so it flows with the vehicle and doesn't look outta place
Old 01-08-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Color match
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #14
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
leave the top parts (over the lights and grill) black, would make it better IMO
Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #15
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
I voted to stay color matched, but a very close second on your truck would be silver.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I like colormatched. Looks clean but if you offroad much that wont look so pretty very long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Ive seen this one on another forum and its my favorite Toyota truck of all time. So awesome
Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverlove View Post
Color matched speedway blue looks to mall crawler to me.
I think the term "mall crawler" is abused on this forum .

I like it OP, I say go for it if you do as well.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Aftermarket plate bumpers should be left black. I think they look odd when color matched.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #19
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
sometimes they look funny. I think the black accents on the pictures in the OP eliminates the "color column" effect if that made any sense.

If it was all just blue including color matched grill/mirrors/doorhandles that would be a little much. It would probably look like a massive otter-pop driving down the street.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
Coltstrd has a grey prerunner bumper on his swb. Looks sharp