Best wax for black Tacoma's

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
XD40SC is on a distinguished road

Name: Davis
XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Best wax for black Tacoma's

Well...black sand pearl.

What is it? Pic with suggestions would really work.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
meguars ultimate with the soap they sell. doesnt really last long. but anything that really last longs turns white and doesnt look nice on black
Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
PVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the "black box" (cant remember who makes it, but thats what its marketed as) a while ago and it is special wax for black vehicles. It doesnt leave white residue as the wax itself is black.

I don't have pics, but if you can imagine it, it makes your truck really shiny, and black...
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...nd-pearls.html

some of the best I have ever used
http://www.zainostore.com/

normally use the meguiars wax

results right here

Old 01-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Checkout Autogeek.net, lots of great products and good prices once you find out what you want. I went with a sealant because they last a lot longer than waxes (I also have a Superwhite so it's kind of irrelevant).
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #6
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD40SC View Post
Well...black sand pearl.

What is it? Pic with suggestions would really work.
if the vechile hasnt been waxed in a while I would use a meguiars 3 step process, clay bar, polish, and carnuba,

will take a while but should last you 6 months, I keep it looking wet with this after each wash

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G1751...6310768&sr=8-1
Old 01-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
XD40SC is on a distinguished road

Name: Davis
XD40SC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
if the vechile hasnt been waxed in a while I would use a meguiars 3 step process, clay bar, polish, and carnuba,

will take a while but should last you 6 months, I keep it looking wet with this after each wash

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G1751...6310768&sr=8-1

I just did the 3 step process and I am a huge believer in Meguiars. Reflection in your truck is sick!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by XD40SC View Post
I just did the 3 step process and I am a huge believer in Meguiars. Reflection in your truck is sick!
thanks man!! i work hard to get it looking good, I use that spray wax everytime I wash it, I wax almost 2 times a month...... The zaino product is some really nice stuff but it is pricey but honestly I cant really tell that much of a difference between that stuff and the meguiars.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #10
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
This

http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bla...how-glaze.html
I have an Acura TSX for my DD in Cyrstal Black Pearl. I swear it must have the softest automotive paint ever. One of the neighborhood cats was climbing on it, and I guess slid off the side and left a 8 inch long clear coat scratch. I used the poorboys as a recommendation by a friend who is as anal as anybody I've seen in regards to detailing his vehicles. I had outstanding results with this product. I will never go back to over-the-counter stuff.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
Mr. Magoo
MonkeyChief is on a distinguished road

Name: Citizen #1839-7634-001
MonkeyChief's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVtriple View Post
http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-bla...how-glaze.html
I have an Acura TSX for my DD in Cyrstal Black Pearl. I swear it must have the softest automotive paint ever. One of the neighborhood cats was climbing on it, and I guess slid off the side and left a 8 inch long clear coat scratch. I used the poorboys as a recommendation by a friend who is as anal as anybody I've seen in regards to detailing his vehicles. I had outstanding results with this product. I will never go back to over-the-counter stuff.
that's great to hear. I just dropped about $300 on stuff from autogeek to do my silver and my neighbors black 06. He bought this glaze and I got the silver equivalent from poorboys along with some other things. He also got the dodo juice black paste wax that is supposed to make it look all inky and wet. I get the stuff on Monday and will probably do his truck starting Friday night. Mine will probably get done Monday afternoon!

I'll have to post up some pics of his truck when we're done, it will be the first time using the porter cable, we'll see how it goes.

BTW, for anyone who is thinking about it, this is a glaze, not a wax. Glazes provide amazing results, but are designed for bringing out the shine and hiding minor imperfections, not for protection like you would get with wax. Always follow this up with a sealant and wax for best results and to protect the work you put into applying glaze.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
jeebee808 is on a distinguished road
jeebee808's Tacoma Gallery
Pinnacle souveran paste wax is amazing for black paint, although it is pricey at almost $100 a bottle, if not Poorboys world natty blue wax is also really good and a lot cheaper.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #13
BtacoP is on a distinguished road
BtacoP's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a picture of mine after using meguiar's carnuba/polymer blend wax. Sorry the picture isn't the best, took it with a cell phone. There was a commenter above that mentioned the black box. That's made by turtle wax. I would avoid that product. It looks decent but when it starts wearing off it will coat whatever rags you use to wash your taco in a black goo that is a pain in the ass to get rid of.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #14
differential is on a distinguished road
differential's Tacoma Gallery
When I purchased my truck, I went and picked up the Turtle Wax Black Box. My perspective is that if you have an older vehicle, the black box would probably work pretty well to hide imperfections, and make the paint look good again without a big investment of money or time. It's an OK product, but as mentioned above, it's VERY messy.

I've been doing alot of research lately on this topic, and ordered some products from Chemical Guys. I've used them a few times on both my wife's car and mine, and so far, I'm extremely impressed with them.

Here's what I've been doing to my truck (and my wife's car).

1) Chemical Guys Citrus Wash n Gloss
2) Clay Bar
3) Chemical Guys Blacklight Sealant
4) Chemical Guys V7 Detail Spray
5) Zymol Carbon Wax

For both my black truck and my wife's metallic grey VW, this combination is amazing.

Of course, all of the above is applied with clean Micro Fiber towels. I wash the hell out of all my towels in HOT water, then put them in a plastic bin to keep them dust free until the next time I detail my vehicles.

I would like to try some of the Pinnacle Souveran Wax in place of the Zymol, but haven't ordered it yet. I would assume that it will provide great results as well. I would also like to try some of the Chemical Guys Pete's Black wax too, and it's much more sensibly priced at around $40 a can.

Here's a pic of my truck after the process above. Not the best pic, but awesome results.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 AM   #15
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I would recommend any carnauba based wax. Everyone loves what they use and they're going to suggest that product since they feel its the best out there.

I know you asked for pics, but just remember...anyone can make the finish look good using the right camera angle.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #16
azred is on a distinguished road
Name: T
azred's Tacoma Gallery
New vehicle detailing?

I have a MGM Tacoma on order and am confused on how to detail it when I get it. Should I Clay Bar, Polish, then wax (Meguiar's Ultimate products)? I bought all three of those things to use on my old 2002 Grand Prix GTP and it did an awesome job. I have heard some say no clay bar for new vehicles and others say yes. All you detailing pros any suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #17
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino

/thread
Old 03-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #18
twfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shedtwfsa is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Engineer's
Name: Tom
twfsa's Tacoma Gallery
I did try Turtle Wax Ice and its shit you just as well smear vegetable oil all over the finish, Yesterday I striped off the ice with Dawn, clayed the finish washed again, Mequires polish and glaze with an orbital, then Mequires #26 looks great in the sun not smeared like the Turtle Wax shit!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #19
oshawa tacoma is on a distinguished road
oshawa tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
zaino
Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Is it June yet
jmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant futurejmast has a brilliant future

Name: O.I.C.
jmast's Tacoma Gallery
Zaino
Just got my order in on Thurs
You have to try this stuff

Products Discussed in this Thread