Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

NTR: Wifes car has rust?

Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
NTR: Wifes car has rust?

Not Tacoma Related... NTR

Is anyone familiar with diagnosing if a car has rust coming through the paint? My wife has a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport and it has a bunch of little orangish/greenish specks all over. I tried claybaring it, but I can't get the spots off. I am starting to think it may be rust coming through the paint. Anyone ever have this issue before? I was going to wax the car today, but if I can't get these spots off, I don't want to waste my time waxing it in the case I bring it to the dealership. The shop isn't open on the weekend, so I'd have to take the day off to bring it during the week.

The car has been washed every 2-3 weeks since purchase with a carnauba based wash and wax. I tried using my nails to get the stuff off, but it will not happen. I have concluded it is not over spray. It isn't coming off anywhere.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
It's new, take it to the dealer and show them.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
If the car is light colored and pretty new, it is most likely rail dust or industrial fallout. You need to use a product such as Iron X that will dissolve the particles and then turn purple. You can find this at most of the online detailing websites.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #4
slo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslo13zx3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
slo13zx3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishntaco View Post
If the car is light colored and pretty new, it is most likely rail dust or industrial fallout. You need to use a product such as Iron X that will dissolve the particles and then turn purple. You can find this at most of the online detailing websites.
x2
Old 01-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
The dealership isn't going to cover any rust that isn't a penetrate-able hole (hehe) under warranty, and even if it was a complete hole I think it has a minimal diameter too, at least thats how toyota does it. Just search "rust on bumper"... Good luck though, my friend. I hope it comes off with solvents