Notices

Advice for painting my grille black

Old 02-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
Maysville06 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Bruce
Maysville06's Tacoma Gallery
Advice for painting my grille black

I am looking at painting my grille black and I'm looking for advice as far as methods and paint used. Also any pictures would be welcome
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #2
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Search.. Omg.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
What color is it now?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Here ya go Bruce. Maybe this will help. If not maybe you can find something better. Good luck

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ill-cover.html
Old 02-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
jdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of lightjdm.obp is a glorious beacon of light
jdm.obp's Tacoma Gallery
plasti dip
Old 02-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Maysville06 is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Boatswains Mate
Name: Bruce
Maysville06's Tacoma Gallery
Dylon, i have searched. I also know asking folks that have done it before is the best way to get info. Hence the forum. My grille is just the stock plastic chrome. I am looking to go black to match other mods that i have done
Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Anytime bro
Old 02-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
Fed Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Cale
Fed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just used some made for plastic spray paint. First I sanded with fine grit sandpaper, then 2 coats of primer and the spray paint. it came out pretty good. Mine was chrome but had another member paint it black when I had the black truck. So I don't know what he did to cover the chrome. But I'm sure It will work if you primer and sand a bit.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
jpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpmorrisvb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NDT/QA
Name: Jimmy
jpmorrisvb's Tacoma Gallery
Fine sanding, a couple coats of rattle can spray.

Before:

After:

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 AM   #12
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส

dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
Flat black? Good, not chrome. I had a problem getting my paint to stick with chrome. Just sand it down to roughen up the surface, then hit it with 3M adhesion promoter. Then paint to your liking.

Sorry for being a dick earlier.