This is the best way I could figure out to clean out a rusted paint chip.
Hot Glue Gun
Fine Sand Paper
Something To Cut Dowels With (snips for me)
1. Tape off around rust
2. Cut dowel
3. Cut piece of circular sandpaper
4. Add dab of glue to end of dowel
5. Put sand paper on end of dowel, DO NOT PRESS FIRMLY... I felt the glue would contour to the the body and chip somewhat
6. Start using the dowel and sandpaper on the chip in either a circular or cross hatch pattern
7. You can also use your finger with sandpaper on it
8. Whatever the sandpaper doesn't get around the edged just scrape it with the pick.
9. Pull tape off
10. WD-40 the area and wipe it down with the micro fiber cloth real good to get any rust you may have left
Note: I really feel I could have prolly just done most of this using just the pick but this was also my first attempt. It turned out pretty good though an the sand paper smoothed out the edge the chipped paint created.
For now I am covering up the chip with some electrical tape until the weather gets a little warmer then I will apply the touch up paint.