Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Cleaning TRD seat covers

Old 02-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning TRD seat covers

Heyo TW. I got a pair of front TRD seat covers, I believe they are the "neoprene" material and they have a litle of a dirty look to them. Im looking for advice on the best (and safe) way to clean these. Ive heard of people taking them to a laundry cleaners to have them done, and the same story that they destroyed them. Any advice TW?? Thanks
P.S. I tried searching for a thread on this and failed, hopefully it isnt one of those "you should have searched this"

Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I just used a liberal amount of armor all on mine.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I just used a liberal amount of armor all on mine.
Did it get a lot of it up? Did you use the wipes or the armor all interior spray?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
I use the wipes, seemed to clean it pretty decently
Old 02-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #5
Out fer a Rip eh Bud
VanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shedVanCity4x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: DJ
VanCity4x's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine really dirty. Used a fabric pre cleaner, like oxy clean on the fabric and then Murphy's vinyl cleaner on the black section. I scrubed with the oxyclean until the stains came out. Then washed off with a hose in the driveway. looked like new. I wipe them off every so often with a rag and some windex. Unless your using harsh chemicals or scrubing with nails, it would be hard to wreck them.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
I use the wipes, seemed to clean it pretty decently
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ERS TACOMA View Post
I got mine really dirty. Used a fabric pre cleaner, like oxy clean on the fabric and then Murphy's vinyl cleaner on the black section. I scrubed with the oxyclean until the stains came out. Then washed off with a hose in the driveway. looked like new. I wipe them off every so often with a rag and some windex. Unless your using harsh chemicals or scrubing with nails, it would be hard to wreck them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I clean the gray material with soap and water and use aerospace 303 on the black insert.
Cool thanks guys. Gunna try the armor all interior cleaner first just because I have it on hand right now