Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Painted bumpers: wax?

Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #1
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
Painted bumpers: wax?

Should painted bumpers that match the truck paint be waxed? I am guessing they are painted and should be waxed (same as a shell)?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:36 AM   #2
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyg View Post
Should painted bumpers that match the truck paint be waxed? I am guessing they are painted and should be waxed (same as a shell)?
Absolutely. Just use the right kind of wax in case there are parts of your bumper that might get stained.

I wax almost everything on my truck...paint, chrome, plastic, rubber trim, glass. Everything except the windshield & the bedliner.

http://www.polishandwax.com/shop/wax.html
Old 02-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Absolutely. Just use the right kind of wax in case there are parts of your bumper that might get stained.

I wax almost everything on my truck...paint, chrome, plastic, rubber trim, glass. Everything except the windshield & the bedliner.

http://www.polishandwax.com/shop/wax.html
Is that as universally applicable to different mediums as Turtle Wax Ice?

I saw you commenting on Turtle Wax Ice in another thread, how would you compare that product to Turtle Wax Ice?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyg View Post
Yep. Have at it!
Old 02-20-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
I saw you commenting on Turtle Wax Ice in another thread, how would you compare that product to Turtle Wax Ice?

Thanks
Are you sure that was me? I don't think I've used Turtle Wax Ice.

In addition to a bunch of paste waxes, I've tried:

• Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax (good stuff)
  • SYSTEM ONE Spray Wax (good stuff, no longer made under that brand name; now is S51)
  • Duragloss Aquawax (good stuff)
  • Eagle One Spray Wax (pretty good stuff)
  • Mother's Reflections Spray Wax (didn't like it because it was hard to remove)
  • Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 (didn't like it because it stained my trim).
Plus of course CSI Wax, which is what we sell.

I can tell you that the Duragloss, Meguiar's UQW, CSI and S1 all can be applied to everything.