Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

speedway blue stuff???

Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
speedway blue stuff???

Ok, has anyone heared anything about the 05+ speedway blue paint chipping easier than other paint colors? I haven't done any off roading yet and I have noticed like ten little chips show up all a sudden. I got the bug/stone deflector, and the are just little wussy chips, but my truck is my baby. Any thoughts?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
Drewster is a glorious beacon of lightDrewster is a glorious beacon of lightDrewster is a glorious beacon of lightDrewster is a glorious beacon of lightDrewster is a glorious beacon of lightDrewster is a glorious beacon of light

Drewster's Tacoma Gallery
Touch up paint or scratch remover. I am having chip problems as well with my Pyrite Mica paint, it seems to chip and show a lot more too. It's only a couple months old too. I just ordered a AVS BugDefector I sure hope that will help before i Grind all my teeth off
Old 12-08-2008, 06:08 PM   #4
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewster View Post
Touch up paint or scratch remover. I am having chip problems as well with my Pyrite Mica paint, it seems to chip and show a lot more too. It's only a couple months old too. I just ordered a AVS BugDefector I sure hope that will help before i Grind all my teeth off
The Bugflector 2 fits perfect and protects it bigtime. I knew this to be the case from the past and had mine on within 2 days of driving my truck off of the lot. You can't 'unchip' it after the fact...

This is also the reason i had the step bumper on within 6 days (protect the rear area from stones ricocheting up after relasing from the front tires) and know its not smart to remove the mudflaps for this reason.

I had a $#itload of chips on my black sand pearl rear wheel areas jsut from not adjusting my front flaps after putting bigger (and wider) tires on the front. First thing i would see when i would walk by, especially with the grey primer under the black.

I learned from my past experiences, especially with what they want for these things now.