Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Clear Coat Chipping

Old 02-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
homer96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh...or Homer
homer96's Tacoma Gallery
Clear Coat Chipping

My clear coat is chipping off of the top of my driver's side door and it is also chipping on the fender beside my hood on the driver's side. Is there any way to fix this without repainting the whole truck? Thanks for any help. I'll try to get some pictures up later today.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
repaint those sections? Good paint shops can match the color of your truck that way you wont have to paint the whole thing
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
homer96 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh...or Homer
homer96's Tacoma Gallery
I guess that didn't really make sense to paint the whole truck. lol I'm honestly not sure how clear coat works. I thought you could just get someone to spray some clear coat on there and be good to go. I guess that it doesn't work like that though.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
im not really sure but I think that the area would be sanded down smooth and a new layer of clear would be applied evenly. Google some paint shops in your area and check reviews. go talk to a few and see if they can work with you
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
clarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shedclarkie152 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement: SE Mass police department
clarkie152's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by homer96 View Post
My clear coat is chipping off of the top of my driver's side door and it is also chipping on the fender beside my hood on the driver's side. Is there any way to fix this without repainting the whole truck? Thanks for any help. I'll try to get some pictures up later today.
I went to a local paint shop. If your friends with any mechanics, ask them who they use. I was chipping on my passenger door against the windshield. Cost me $100 and it looks brand new.