Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

glue residue on hood

Old 12-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
Lean Mean MPG Machine (best = 27)
pidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud ofpidro_el_pirata has much to be proud of

Name: Stefan
pidro_el_pirata's Tacoma Gallery
glue residue on hood

Hey all,
I've got glue residue stuck on my hood. It's been there about a year and I'm just now getting annoyed with it and want it gone.

I used to have a bug guard thing on my taco and I removed it because I didn't like the look. The guard was supported by little rubber tabs which were glued on the hood (like that when i got it). I tried using an adhesive remover from 3M, which worked on almost all of them.. but there's one little quarter-sized spot left that is really stuck on there. It wont budge. Any tips?

Pic attached.. sorry the truck was dirty and it's a camera phone pic

I'm just worried about the paint.
Attached Thumbnails
glue residue on hood-sspx0119.jpg   glue residue on hood-sspx0116.jpg   glue residue on hood-sspx0117.jpg  
Old 12-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
try using goo gone, give it a shot if it doesnt work ill try n think of somethin else
Old 12-27-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
Try a little bit of brake cleaner or power steering fluid and just rub lightly and it should come right off..and if you have tar or black marks or road grime on the fenders or moldings this is a nice way to have it come off too
Old 12-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
putting brake cleaner on paint is scary.

try this believe it or not: icy hot. yup, took the crap right off when i took my emblems off to paint them. didn't bother the paint at all.