LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

prep for chrome painting

Old 12-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
prep for chrome painting

im painting the toyota emblem on the front of my truck and ow do you prep it and can you use a quality (Rustolium...i thinm is what its called) spray paint?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCo View Post
Adhesive promoter
i thought that was to PUT it on.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i didnt do anything to mine...i just cleaned it off real well and then sprayed a couple coats on it
Old 12-10-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
for painting my emblem............i washed and scrubbed it real good with dawn dish soap and a scotchbrite pad.(use hot water) let it dry overnight, unless you have an air compressor handy. then when painting it......use a few coats of adhesion promoter and whatever paint you want to use. i used duplicolor flat black. here's how mine turned out.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:15 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i didnt do anything to mine...i just cleaned it off real well and then sprayed a couple coats on it
spray paint? can i sand it down a bit to make the paint stick better? or is that just going to make the finished product look bad?
Old 12-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
x2
Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
for painting my emblem............i washed and scrubbed it real good with dawn dish soap and a scotchbrite pad.(use hot water) let it dry overnight, unless you have an air compressor handy. then when painting it......use a few coats of adhesion promoter and whatever paint you want to use. i used duplicolor flat black. here's how mine turned out.

adhesion promoter? where do you get it? Lowes? that looks good
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
adhesion promoter? where do you get it? Lowes? that looks good
walmart.........4 dollars for the can. i did about 4 coats of the adhesion promoter, then about 5 coats of the black. its still in awesome shape, and its been done for a few good months.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
walmart.........4 dollars for the can. i did about 4 coats of the adhesion promoter, then about 5 coats of the black. its still in awesome shape, and its been done for a few good months.
ok i will most likely do that then.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

would you reccoment doing it on the chrome grille surroud...or is it too big of an area??
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
would you reccoment doing it on the chrome grille surroud...or is it too big of an area??
yeah, and if you get the grille cleaned and prepped the right way, and definitely use the adhesion promoter.......it'll last and look good for a long time! go for it man!!