1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rhino lower door panels?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ETaco23, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Dec 14, 2008 at 11:04 AM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 [OP] Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I was wondering if anyone has tryed this. i got some good dings and scratches chips and what not, on my doors. I was thiking about doing something to protect them but at the same time look good. Does anyone know how good Rhinoing the bottom of my doors would be, if it would hold up?

2. Dec 14, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    May want to do some searching here, I know I seen and read here that someone did someting close to what you are talking about. I know the idea of using Line-X in place of the mud flaps (trucks with lift) has been talked about. I do know some people have done this type protection to their bumpers and bull bars.

3. Dec 14, 2008 at 12:36 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    yeah, I did. I'm just wondering how much it will cost, and if it is really worth it? I mean, I dont do much offroading, it's just gravel driveways and such.

4. Dec 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    To be honest I think it would be well worth it. Mine is an 05 and I am seeing some hits due to stones, having the tires I do doesn't help that much. I have toyed with the idea of having it done, since most of my truck is silver I would most likely go with the "colored" spray on, and skip the black.
    I do know of a film by 3M that is out there. Now for cost verses size...no idea.
    As for cost, I know here at Line-X the cost is more of labor, masking everything off, I would pitch in and help if the labor costs went down. But we will have to wait and see on that, have to many irons in the fire now if you know what I mean, mod's, mod's and mod's.

5. Dec 14, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    lol... yeah, I think Im ganna think about it. I think black would look pretty good on my truck, seeing how I got black over fenders. But there are other mods I would like to do, just dont know what to do first. lol...

6. Dec 14, 2008 at 1:11 PM
    longbow

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Good luck figuring the mod's out.
    TRUE......black would hit the right spot on your ride.
    Keep us posted on what you decide to do, with pic's

7. Dec 19, 2008 at 9:54 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    hey man...............just get a can of herculiner like i used on my bumpers($30), prep the rockers the right way, and either brush or roll the bedliner material on. alot cheaper than getting it done somewhere, and it'll hold up great. im gonna do my rockers and bottom rear fenders when the weather warms up.

8. Dec 19, 2008 at 10:18 AM
    ETaco23

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    cool! yeah I think i'll do that. When the weather warms up too. lol.. I've also considered doing black wheels too. I just love the look of them on our trucks.

9. Dec 19, 2008 at 10:38 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    oh yeah.........it definitley looks good...the silver and black theme............thats why mine is that way now!!!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top