1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

porter cable 7424 at autogeek.net

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by yotacoma12, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mar 19, 2012 at 2:09 PM
    yotacoma12

yotacoma12 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    MIKE
    sd
    Vehicle:
    v6 dcsb 2nd gen
    avid offroad lightbar avid step rails
    Wondering which one of th eporter cable 7424 sets is the best. I am in th emarket to buy one and i just need some pointers on which kit would be the best in general, as well as the most cost effecient... Here is a link to their web page that shows their different varieties of options, which would you recommend for a quarterly buff, wax, seal???

Is it a better idea to buy the porter cable 7424 seperately and then purchase the pads and wax??? any recommendations????

:rockband:

2. Mar 22, 2012 at 8:28 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    The porter cable is a decent polisher. I don't think it has a trigger-lock, which is a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world... And the price is great.

As for polishes/pads/etc... You don't need any aggressive polish, but a mild polish would be good to purchase. It'll get rid of slight scratches/etc... Then a wax, or glaze, and you're set. Get a pad for polishing (no need for wool, stick with foam), and a pad for your glaze. A soft pad for glaze, and a bit of a firmer pad for polishing. That should be all ya need.

Keep away from the aggressive polish compounds, as you can get yourself into trouble with them. And honestly, a bit of elbow grease with a medium polish will do the same thing.

3. Mar 22, 2012 at 8:44 PM
    fishntaco

fishntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Streak DCLB Prerunner Sport
    The porter cable has an on/off switch it does not have a trigger like a rotary does. Another good machine to look at is the D/A from Griots. In my opinion it is a better machine.

As far as pads and polish go, I like the Megiuars Microfiber pads with the D300 compound. Then just get a fine pad from Lake Country and apply your favorite wax or sealant.

Products Discussed in

To Top