Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

porter cable 7424 at autogeek.net

Old 03-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
yotacoma12 is on a distinguished road
Name: MIKE
yotacoma12's Tacoma Gallery
porter cable 7424 at autogeek.net

Wondering which one of th eporter cable 7424 sets is the best. I am in th emarket to buy one and i just need some pointers on which kit would be the best in general, as well as the most cost effecient... Here is a link http://www.autogeek.net/po.html to their web page that shows their different varieties of options, which would you recommend for a quarterly buff, wax, seal???

Is it a better idea to buy the porter cable 7424 seperately and then purchase the pads and wax??? any recommendations????

Old 03-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #2
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
The porter cable is a decent polisher. I don't think it has a trigger-lock, which is a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world... And the price is great.

As for polishes/pads/etc... You don't need any aggressive polish, but a mild polish would be good to purchase. It'll get rid of slight scratches/etc... Then a wax, or glaze, and you're set. Get a pad for polishing (no need for wool, stick with foam), and a pad for your glaze. A soft pad for glaze, and a bit of a firmer pad for polishing. That should be all ya need.

Keep away from the aggressive polish compounds, as you can get yourself into trouble with them. And honestly, a bit of elbow grease with a medium polish will do the same thing.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
The porter cable has an on/off switch it does not have a trigger like a rotary does. Another good machine to look at is the D/A from Griots. In my opinion it is a better machine.

As far as pads and polish go, I like the Megiuars Microfiber pads with the D300 compound. Then just get a fine pad from Lake Country and apply your favorite wax or sealant.