Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Paint stains on your leather steering wheel. This worked for me...

Old 03-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
aka Alley Opp,
undermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really niceundermoneyed is just really nice
Name: Mark
undermoneyed's Tacoma Gallery
Paint stains on your leather steering wheel. This worked for me...

I bought my truck from a professional painter. Hed left his mark on the leather steering wheel, white paint of course. The paint was not fresh. I tried using solvent, got a little off but not much. I bought some leather cleaner (Auto Glym), I dont think it makes any difference which brand you use as long as it has an oily texture. I applied the cleaner, gently working it into the leather until it looked like it was soaked. Let it sit a minute or so, then splashed a little solvent onto a cloth and gently rubbed the painted areas from about 10 to 30 seconds, depending on the size of the stain. It got the paint completely off the leather. Finished off with some leather care balm.
Mark