1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Car Covers for DC with topper

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by seekertaco, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    seekertaco

seekertaco [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 4X4 TRD w/3.4L
    Manik Brush Guard, Hella 500 Fog Lights, K&N air filter, Helo Black Maxx wheels with 265/75/16 Nitto A/T tires & color match Topper/Cap. Tinted windows and VentVisors.
    I may have to start parking my truck outside of the garage again and was wondering if anyone makes a good cover that will fit my truck. It is a DoubleCab with a topper on the bed. I was wondering if one of the SUV covers would work? Anybody know of one or have any ideas? Thanks

2. Apr 13, 2012 at 8:30 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    I'd keep away from the car-cover, personally... It's just going to scratch up your clear like crazy. They can be more harm than good, especially if kept outside, where it's subject to wind/dirt/etc...

If it's stored indoors, a cover is a good choice.

3. Apr 14, 2012 at 5:18 AM
    seekertaco

seekertaco [OP] Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 4X4 TRD w/3.4L
    Manik Brush Guard, Hella 500 Fog Lights, K&N air filter, Helo Black Maxx wheels with 265/75/16 Nitto A/T tires & color match Topper/Cap. Tinted windows and VentVisors.
    Unfortunately, where I have to park it outdoors is under a bush that drops berries all over it and that really ruins my paint. I need a good option to keep the berries off, short of cutting down the trees. Any suggestions.

4. Apr 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    If that's the case, I'd recommend keeping it thoroughly polished, and waxed. Waxed paint will cause debris to literally slide right off. A bird pooped on my firebird (black car, fresh paint) a few days after a wax job... The poop literally slid off the fender, on to the ground. It just left a little smear, which easily cleaned up. I'd recommend keeping it waxed, so the berries don't cause you much hassle.

Products Discussed in

To Top