Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

New Car wax? What to start with

Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
New Car wax? What to start with

Ok so my girl got a new 2012 impreza and I want to wax it for her. I always use a clay, polish, and carnuba. Being that the car is new and it has some weird clear coat wax/protectant on it. Which type of wax should I use for the first time? I was thinking just a coat of polish and a carnuba for protectant. What do yall think

Here is the new ride

Old 04-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anybody? bump
Old 04-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
N Y Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Richard
N Y Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Go to autogeek.net and you can spend hours reading their forum for ideas.
Tons of video and reviews there.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Easy wins with me:

1. Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax
2. Duragloss Aquawax
3. CSI Q-7 Wax (which we sell).

Wipe on, wipe off, no staining. $8-$10 a bottle.

Cheers
Old 04-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
op ur girl got a nice ride,where in va r u,those places in the pic look like a place in Va bch off Bonney rd.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brny67 View Post
op ur girl got a nice ride,where in va r u,those places in the pic look like a place in Va bch off Bonney rd.
Thanks dude I gave her 5000 down so my build just went to shit, Im in harrisonburg dude, wish I was closer to the coast. I know exactly where you are talking about but no that isnt where we are. Im near James Madison University
Old 06-15-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Pit Snipe 1997 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Main Propulsion Engineer
Name: Scott
Pit Snipe 1997's Tacoma Gallery
some dealerships will clay and wax your car before its delievered to you. Some dont. It wont hurt to do it after you bring it home. Dont pay the extra for sealants and all that stuff. Its cheaper to do it all yourself.