Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Opti-Coat 2.0 - Never wax your truck again

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #21
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not impressed. LOL daily driver is one of the best cars to put a good finish on.

Been thru Zaino, Adam's, Pinnacle, BlackFire. Also have used Meguiars, Mothers, and most other off the shelf stuff. When I posted about OC, it's because its nothing like anything before it. The tech is much better, and its been engineered. Not just thrown out onto the market like a lot of other snake oil. The 2 cars I also own above, built by my own hands, detailed by my own hands. I got a lot of experience in high end race/show cars and I'll say it one more time....OC 2.0 is the truth.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:27 AM   #22
Kapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the roughKapahi121 is a jewel in the rough

Kapahi121's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
Haha wassup kapahi! Yeah I'm straight chillin with build projects on the weekends instead of putting wax on my Taco. Auuuriiite!
Ya or you an come to Kauai and catch some of these Opti-Coat 2.0 - Never wax your truck again-imageuploadedbytapatalk1335256058.569472.jpg
Old 04-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #24
DDZPyrite will become famous soon enough

DDZPyrite's Tacoma Gallery
Howzit! Nice cars I was wondering how you felt about Permanon? When I bought my truck in January a friend of mine let me try some of his Permanon to protect the paint ASAP and to hold me over till I get my own sealant. I am preparing to reapply a sealant this summer and I was gonna just pick up some Permanon untill I saw this post. You seem very experienced, knowledgeable, and technical, so I am curious to hear your opinion.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:37 AM   #25
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDZPyrite View Post
Howzit! Nice cars I was wondering how you felt about Permanon? When I bought my truck in January a friend of mine let me try some of his Permanon to protect the paint ASAP and to hold me over till I get my own sealant. I am preparing to reapply a sealant this summer and I was gonna just pick up some Permanon untill I saw this post. You seem very experienced, knowledgeable, and technical, so I am curious to hear your opinion.
Permanon is good stuff. To tell you the truth, I was actually pretty happy with the Collinite 845 on white, but the trump card was a permanent sealant like OC2. I am using my Tacoma as a test bed for both my Viper and Vette. I am pretty certain I will be using OC2 on both of them. I would recommend it. The surface tension on the water beads from the OC2 are pretty nuts. Big beads on the paint and plastic. I also applied it to the fender flare underside. Doesn't get stuck sap, tar, etc.....I'd say drop by PakShak, tell them S7ICKlVlAN sent ya, and get their insights to what you're contemplating.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7ICKlVlAN View Post
I am using my Tacoma as a test bed for both my Viper and Vette. I am pretty certain I will be using OC2 on both of them.
poor tacoma lol
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #28
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
I see my Tacoma probably the same way you see the vette and viper lol. It's been a life long dream to own this truck LOL.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #29
Cpt. Bubbleguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
I see my Tacoma probably the same way you see the vette and viper lol. It's been a life long dream to own this truck LOL.
LOL, you see your Tacoma the way I see a McLaren LM, Ferrari F40 LM, or Pagani Zonda LM.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #32
forana will become famous soon enoughforana will become famous soon enough
forana's Tacoma Gallery
OP, ok so I am a diehard zaino fan. Nothing I've tried comes close to the shine protection and durability of zaino.

You're saying this stuff is better?

If it is, I might have to give it a shot
Old 05-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #33
themosjohn is on a distinguished road
themosjohn's Tacoma Gallery
S7ickivian ive seen your vette on corvetteforum. Nice rides you have
Old 05-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #34
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Wow OP. That is a great write-up. I've never even heard of anything you refer to but that's probably because I don't know shit about detailing. I've got so many mods lined up this isn't the top of my priority list, but I am seriously considering this at some point in the future. Did I mention, Great Write-Up?
Old 05-29-2012, 01:57 AM   #35
1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of
Air Force:
1C271's Tacoma Gallery
OMG are you people really that gullible? S7ICKlVlAN no offense but that product and the people selling it are completely full of shite! There is no such thing as a permanent coating unless you want me to 600 grit your whole truck and put some more clear on it. Ask any autobody guy you want. That stuff or anything claiming to be "permanent" is a complete LIE. And as for research, don't believe everything you read on an internet website, especially when they are asking you to buy something.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #36
CantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shedCantSitStill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FTR
CantSitStill's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna stick to twice a year with my local guy who does a full detail, wash, wax with Colonite, and cleans the engine bay for $125. Well worth the money IMO.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #37
Cpt. Bubbleguts

forana - Sorry for the late response. Yes it is a superior product. I have used Zaino in the past (for years actually) and this is better.

themosjohn - Thanks my friend. It's been a long time since I've been on the Vette forums.....I should get back on there.

penguins - Thanks brutha. Hope it can help you out. Check out the Autogeek forums.....A wealth of knowledge.

1C - You got any references proving it's "complete shite"? I referenced a site for you with lots of industry professionals buzzing about this product. They have used just about everything worth trying and are very excited about OC2. Removal has to be mechanical (buffed) off, but using 600 grit on any finished surface is ridiculous. You would need to use a good compound and foam pad to remove it. Perhaps a little more research would go a long way.

Cantsitstill - By all means. It's not for everyone.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #38
1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of
Air Force:
1C271's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=S7ICKlVlAN;5155854]

1C - You got any references proving it's "complete shite"? I referenced a site for you with lots of industry professionals buzzing about this product. They have used just about everything worth trying and are very excited about OC2. Removal has to be mechanical (buffed) off, but using 600 grit on any finished surface is ridiculous. You would need to use a good compound and foam pad to remove it. Perhaps a little more research would go a long way.

Yeah my reference is my ASE master certification in collision repair and finish, good enough? Let me expand, that little tube is more than enough for a whole car right?? And it is supposedly 2 microns thick right?? Well to compare, an average factory clear is about 2.5 mils thick or about 63 microns, repeat 63 microns and your expert info you referenced says that "Opti-Coat 2.0" is more scratch resistant than a polyurethane clear coat?? Come on dude, think about it. It's common sense. And if it was some super duper new fandangled chemical concoction better than your modern clear coat, wouldn't manufacturers be coating every new car with this instead of polyurethane?? Wheels starting to turn for anybody????

Not trying to bash here, just trying to educate so people don't waste their money. As for having to be removed with compound, more like a couple car washes. It's a glorified concentrated wax, nothing more. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble but I'm sure everyone has heard "If it's too good to be true...........probably isn't"

And no, sanding with 600 or 400 in preparation to apply additional coats of clear is actually pretty standard procedure, you might not of understood what I was saying but anyway.

Opti-Coat = Snake Oil
Old 05-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #39
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Mr ASC Expert, what product you reckon we should be be using then?
Old 05-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #40
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Subd. Like

Products Discussed in this Thread