1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TO BAKE, OR NOT TO BAKE

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Baja Gringo, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    Baja Gringo

Baja Gringo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD SPORT
    3" ProComp coilovers , Radar Renegades R7 M/T-295/70R17 , ProComp rims, N-Fab step bars, CB Radio, ICOM Race Radio, BajaRack roof cage and 32" light bar, LED MOD (Green) interior lights, Debadged, Lime Green Devil Horns Emblem, Tiregate, Roto Pax, custom rear led strobing light bar, custom rear bumper
    So, I just got my "2012 Devil Horns" and I'm trying to paint them. Some where I read that after you paint and clear-coat them, you put them in the oven. I understand it, but I'm not sure my wife will go for it. (I don't want to clean the oven) If this is the case, how long should it be in the oven. My color choice is Lime Green. I've already done my badges, but my Horns are a different material.

2. May 15, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I bake everything after I paint it. If you can't use the oven, a heat gun works also. It just evens out the overspray and can help smooth out runs also. You don't want to really cook it. Read the BHLM thread by Viet and follow the suggestion for baking the headlight bezels.

PS, your wife might kill you if you get caught, I take no responsibility for your actions. :D

3. May 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
    Dadic 78

Dadic 78 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fil
    Edmonton, AB CANADA
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab TRD
    Not sure why anyone would bake a paint that doesn't require a bake cycle to cure... If you're just using rattle-can paint/clear, it's got enough hardeners/activators already in it that you shouldn't need a bake... If you're adamant on it, leave it out in the sun... Free bake, and the wife stay's off your back. Win-win! :)

Products Discussed in

To Top