Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best Glass Cleaner

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Sprayway 50 28.57%
Invisi-Glass 98 56.00%
Toyota Glass Cleaner 5 2.86%
Mother's Glass Cleaner 14 8.00%
Armor All Glass Cleaner 8 4.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #21
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So it works well on glazed sugar, vomit, and blood?
And grease and crack sweat too!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #22
1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of
Air Force:
1C271's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Oh no, here we go again.... I have a feeling that people are going to get slammed and demeaned for using a product that this guy doesn't like. Funny how in a lot of his posts he's pretty helpful but will be very mean to those who don't think like he does. So if you are a victim of this, just ignore him. Threads have been derailed because of this.

And FWIW, I buy that Invisible Glass and it works for me.

Oh yeah?? really??? wtf? I never slam anybody for using something I think is a waste of money, by all means go buy it. If you think stoner's works great, keep buying it.
And I'm not mean, I just have a low tolerance for stupidity and people that act like they are experts on something they have no experience doing.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #23
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I use Invisible glass with newspaper, and a glass microfiber to dry.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C271 View Post
Anybody that sell's that crap to people on the premise it's a "glass cleaner" is pretty pathetic.
Quote:
Oh yeah?? really??? wtf? I never slam anybody for using something I think is a waste of money, by all means go buy it. If you think stoner's works great, keep buying it.
And I'm not mean, I just have a low tolerance for stupidity and people that act like they are experts on something they have no experience doing.
Seems a little hypocritical....
Old 06-07-2012, 07:00 PM   #25
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish I can link as a reminder to you your posts about clay bar. Despite all the people that chimed in that it worked, you kept telling others that using compound is better (albeit thinning paint but hey, it's YOUR truck, not ours). But those were deleted for a reason. And it wasn't because you were a nice guy.

You talk about people talking like they are experts on something that they have no experience on.

I'm not sure about you but for most of us, spraying and wiping a window is not rocket science. Spray, wipe. Easy. But perhaps you have MORE EXPERIENCE (and maybe some type of expert certification). If it does what is expected, then it works. There is a poll up above and at this point there's a whole bunch of people that must not be "experienced" for the product that you are calling a waste of money seems to be the most popular so far.

So yeah. REALLY.

Geeze. I've never seen anyone get so upset over other people liking a product. And THAT to me, is stupidity. So please. Have tolerance for yourself. Seriously. I hope your blood pressure is okay. Wouldn't want you to burst an artery or anything.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #26
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
All I will use is stoners with crumpled newspaper. Best stuff I have ever used.....endo story.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #27
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Wow its just a can of glass cleaner. I like Stoners pretty good, but after using Sprayway I found it does a better job for me. The way I see it is its ur truck buy what makes u happy, but at least experiment to see which one you like best.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
Wow its just a can of glass cleaner. I like Stoners pretty good, but after using Sprayway I found it does a better job for me. The way I see it is its ur truck buy what makes u happy, but at least experiment to see which one you like best.

this

and if you really want to save money follow the link I provided to the professional stuff. Cheaper and better then anything that has been posted in here....just need to buy bulk.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #29
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW I already posted to this thread but I need to chime in on this flame fest. As I said before I use "IG" and I've been using it for a long time and I think it works great. As for popularity here in Hawaii I dont think it's as popular as in the states most people just use "the cheapest" product you can get their hands on. As for spray away I'd try it if I could find it locally. And again on the whole popular thing. Just cause it's popular dosent make it good.... Look @ Fram filters.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #31
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
I've used Windex plenty but what I find that works even better is Rainx in a spray bottle
Old 06-08-2012, 05:58 PM   #33
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
this

and if you really want to save money follow the link I provided to the professional stuff. Cheaper and better then anything that has been posted in here....just need to buy bulk.
Yup buy in bulk and you usually save!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #34
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae111black View Post
FWIW Just cause it's popular dosent make it good.... Look @ Fram filters.
Fram.......Boooooo
Old 06-11-2012, 06:44 PM   #35
Tmanspd123 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: Trey
Tmanspd123's Tacoma Gallery
I know others have said it but newspaper with glass cleaner on any glass works amazing.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 PM   #36
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
For residential use that stuffs OK I guess. You will never see it outside residential use though.

For the best of both worlds here is where you can find the good stuff http://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/

They also have good information regarding the proper cleaning of windows. Some good info in there. 99% of people I see cleaning glass do it wrong so maybe worth a reading.

Here is the do's and don't for cleaning glass in North America by GANA http://www.simpsondoor.com/care-fini...mendations.pdf
Any recommendations for a product in the first link?

THX for posting the link.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #37
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So it works well on glazed sugar, vomit, and blood?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #38
Rail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to beholdRail is a splendid one to behold
Rail's Tacoma Gallery
I found 1 can of the Spray Away at Home Depot and I also bought a bottle of Invisible glass to try out. Wow...I love the Spray Away! I had been using A glass cleaner by ArmorAll and it sucks. That SA really cleans good and doesnt leave smudges. I will try the Invisble Glass next but I cant see how it could be any better.....Thanks!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #39
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail View Post
I found 1 can of the Spray Away at Home Depot and I also bought a bottle of Invisible glass to try out. Wow...I love the Spray Away! I had been using A glass cleaner by ArmorAll and it sucks. That SA really cleans good and doesnt leave smudges. I will try the Invisble Glass next but I cant see how it could be any better.....Thanks!
x2 bro! Sprayway is awesome stuff, my 2nd choice is Invisible Glass by far
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I can't recall what I use...it's a foam. I think it's invisi-glass

Products Discussed in this Thread