Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best Glass Cleaner

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Sprayway 51 28.98%
Invisi-Glass 98 55.68%
Toyota Glass Cleaner 5 2.84%
Mother's Glass Cleaner 14 7.95%
Armor All Glass Cleaner 8 4.55%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 06:05 AM   #81
Nip it in the bud!
12PM4X4OR is on a distinguished road

Name: Fife
12PM4X4OR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy View Post
What should I use to get the haze/film off the inside? I've got some Castle Plexo anti static plastic/glass cleaner. It helped but didn't get it all. Will vinegar and newspaper do it?
I've tried just about everything and nothing worked. Searched homemade glass cleaners and this is by far the best I've used, and even more important, its cheap!

To a 32 oz spray bottle add (reg. size);
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 2 tsp of liquid soap
  • fill with water & you're good to go.
BTW; doubles as an excellent wood floor cleaner.

I think you might be picking up some of your dash cleaning residue which is clouding the inside of your windshield. I know this was my problem until...

Hope this helps.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #82
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
We should ask Boyd.

Oh wait, he can't tell us.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #83
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
We should ask Boyd.

you bitch

I saw this thread and was gonna make a boyd joke
Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #84
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
you bitch

I saw this thread and was gonna make a boyd joke
Three boyds were walking down the street. Two walked into a bar, the other one ducked!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 PM   #86
Solo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the roughSolo707 is a jewel in the rough

Law Enforcement:
Solo707's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Rain-X 2in1 cleaner/repellant.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #87
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C271 View Post
And I'm not mean, I just have a low tolerance for stupidity and people that act like they are experts on something they have no experience doing.
hahahhaa.. irony or coincidence?
Old 08-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #89
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
I am a professional detailer, i have tried many different glass cleaning product.

THE BEST I have USED is *Adams Glass Cleaner*
Pricey stuff, about $40 a gallon, but it is THE BEST GLASS CLEANER.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #90
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12PM4X4OR View Post
I've tried just about everything and nothing worked. Searched homemade glass cleaners and this is by far the best I've used, and even more important, its cheap!

To a 32 oz spray bottle add (reg. size);
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 2 tsp of liquid soap
  • fill with water & you're good to go.
Be careful because vinegar takes wax off.

Whenever I wash my truck I take this wax

and do the windows. The water beads off and it looks super clean.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #91
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
We should ask Boyd.

CRL Sparkle to get it as clean as can be

then

CRL Surface protector to fill in the cracks and stop the stains

then done for months
Old 08-21-2013, 05:33 PM   #92
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
Be careful because vinegar takes wax off.

Whenever I wash my truck I take this wax

and do the windows. The water beads off and it looks super clean.
wax is no good for glass.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #93
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
whats good for saltwater prevention on interior glass
Old 08-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #94
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
whats good for saltwater prevention on interior glass
don't park it in the ocean
Old 08-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #95
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
don't park it in the ocean
Listen if you don't have a viable solution then STFU
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #96
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
Listen if you don't have a viable solution then STFU
Seems pretty viable to me
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #97
Colt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedColt562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
Colt562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
wax is no good for glass.
how so?

I disagree but want to hear why you think that?

(asking a serious question....ie not being rude)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #98
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt562 View Post
how so?

I disagree but want to hear why you think that?

(asking a serious question....ie not being rude)
Wax will leave a film that is pliable and will streak and blur vision once the wipers are used. It is not a good idea at all. The products Boyd mentioned a few post back are worth the money. I get close to 3 months of protection in a rainy environment. I have stopped using other products to clean the outside windows of my vehicles.

And as an added bonus the products work great on my home windows as well.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #99
mach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmach1man001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
mach1man001's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1man001 View Post
Anybody else having problems with water spots on the glass not coming off?
Quote:

then

then done for months
Does the CRL get the water stains off? I tried Mothers and that did nothing then I tried Meguiar's water spot remover and that did much better but I can still see them pretty easily.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #100
nettto is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
nettto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

then

then done for months
Would the crl surface protector be good on tacoma headlights too? Thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread