Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Best Glass Cleaner

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?
Sprayway 51 28.98%
Invisi-Glass 98 55.68%
Toyota Glass Cleaner 5 2.84%
Mother's Glass Cleaner 14 7.95%
Armor All Glass Cleaner 8 4.55%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Best Glass Cleaner

Has anyone ever tried Sprayway Glass Cleaner? I think this stuff is the best our there IMO. You can get it at Home Depot for about $3 http://www.trysprayway.com/
Old 06-05-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Windex works fine for me. Windex with vinegar is pretty good for water spots.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
For residential use that stuffs OK I guess. You will never see it outside residential use though.

For the best of both worlds here is where you can find the good stuff http://shopwindowcleaningresource.com/

They also have good information regarding the proper cleaning of windows. Some good info in there. 99% of people I see cleaning glass do it wrong so maybe worth a reading.

Here is the do's and don't for cleaning glass in North America by GANA http://www.simpsondoor.com/care-fini...mendations.pdf
Old 06-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #4
Yes
rjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
Has anyone ever tried Sprayway Glass Cleaner? I think this stuff is the best our there IMO. You can get it at Home Depot for about $3 http://www.trysprayway.com/
2nd the Sprayway. It works well. Better than Stoner's Invisi-Glass water in a can.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
"Invisi-Glass"? Do you mean Stoner's Invisible Glass?
Old 06-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
Yes
rjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post

Yes Stoner's Invisible Glass. I like Stoner's products but the window cleaner doesn't work well for me.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
For me, its not necessarily so much the product as it is the towel. Use a proper Microfiber GLASS towel and straight water will usually be enough. I picked stoners, but in all honesty, I'll use just about anything now. Eagle1 was on sale at pep boys and it's been working great. Like I said though, it's all about the towels
Old 06-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #8
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
Hands down InvisiGlass!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #9
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
I like Stoner's Invisible Glass and yes, I liked it before we started selling it.

For the inside of my windshield I frequently use distilled water in a mini spray bottle and this 'as seen on TV' gadget that has a long handle and a microfiber bonnet on the end of it.

http://www.amazon.com/As-Seen-On-TV-...9007947&sr=8-3
Old 06-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #10
Clea is on a distinguished road
Clea's Tacoma Gallery
Sprayway Glass Clearner

I have never used such a great glass cleaner in my life until I found Sprayway. It took all the bug guts off my truck without even rubbing!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Sprayway + microfiber is awesome. And dirt cheap. Great value.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAndWax.com View Post
Yes, sorry
Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #14
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clea View Post
I have never used such a great glass cleaner in my life until I found Sprayway. It took all the bug guts off my truck without even rubbing!
I like how it foams up really good and it smells good too!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #15
Got R Did

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~ View Post
Been using Sprayway for years. Good stuff.
Yup, my Grandad used to buy it by the case from a local Ford Dealership, thats how I got hooked on it. Been using it for over 12yrs now.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:31 AM   #16
1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of1C271 has much to be proud of
Air Force:
1C271's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjg View Post
2nd the Sprayway. It works well. Better than Stoner's Invisi-Glass water in a can.

3rd the sprayway, and couldn't of said it better about stoner's, water in a can, complete waste of money. Anybody that sell's that crap to people on the premise it's a "glass cleaner" is pretty pathetic.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #17
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1C271 View Post
3rd the sprayway, and couldn't of said it better about stoner's, water in a can, complete waste of money. Anybody that sell's that crap to people on the premise it's a "glass cleaner" is pretty pathetic.

Oh no, here we go again.... I have a feeling that people are going to get slammed and demeaned for using a product that this guy doesn't like. Funny how in a lot of his posts he's pretty helpful but will be very mean to those who don't think like he does. So if you are a victim of this, just ignore him. Threads have been derailed because of this.

And FWIW, I buy that Invisible Glass and it works for me.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Invisible Glass works great for me...and it's stocked at the local convenience store so i can buy it at 3 am when i run out and need to clean the patrol car
Old 06-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #19
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Invisible Glass works great for me...and it's stocked at the local convenience store so i can buy it at 3 am when i run out and need to clean the patrol car
So it works well on glazed sugar, vomit, and blood?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #20
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
So it works well on glazed sugar, vomit, and blood?

You forgot poop.

Products Discussed in this Thread