LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

complimentary dealership washes suck!

View Poll Results: do dealership carwashes leave your truck dirtier than when you dropped it off?
YES.... 117 45.88%
NO!! 80 31.37%
CARWASH what is this?!?!?! 58 22.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #21
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
what did you expect? a $200 detail job? hahahahaha
Old 06-08-2012, 05:05 AM   #22
maconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of lightmaconhurler is a glorious beacon of light

maconhurler's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody ever been the free car wash guy? I have. It isn't too fun. I completely understand them doing a lousy job. I remember being 15-20 cars backed up before and getting grief cause I wasn't going fast enough. Sprinkle in the detailing jobs and the new purchase washes and it gets a little crazy.

But also, a lot of the people doing it don't care--it's not their vehicle so why bother?

I will say, I tried my best to get them looking nice.

Major plus--I got to fully detail my truck whenever I wanted using all the dealers resources.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:39 PM   #23
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I have lots of small swirl marks in my paint from their free car washes...

My service dept. is top notch though, all the guys are super friendly and get shit done.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #26
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get it... You brought your truck in "spotless" to get a free car wash?

That is stupid.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #27
Cypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shedCypherian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 2A773 Retired
Cypherian's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have them wash it nor does it go through a car wash been burned before long ago with damage to the vehicles' antenaes ripped off, scrapes and scratches from the brush heads, side window on a cap broken, lic plate ripped off etc etc. The nice part about where I work 12 bucks gets me a hand wash and wax when I don't have time to do it myself.

Cypher
Old 06-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #28
Cheese it in there!
tacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant futuretacomafide has a brilliant future

tacomafide's Tacoma Gallery
They've never done it for me and when I asked why not they said its cause I got shit in my box.
Bring it.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #29
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What do you expect for free?
Old 06-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
The best things in life
Old 06-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #31
subwayaz is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft, Maint
subwayaz's Tacoma Gallery
I've owned a Toyota now for the last twenty years and have gone off to the Dealership numerous times and never knew them to wash your vehicle while there for a service. They should at least attempt to wash it for the prices they charge for a service.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
The best things in life
Pffff. Someones you can't even get that when you pay.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #33
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Blowjobs.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:15 AM   #34
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Blowjobs.
The old lady across the street from you is probably down to give a gummer.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:46 AM   #35
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I'm with bulhas. I was excited they washed my truck. Then again look at my truck.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 AM   #36
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't take a vehicle to anyone else but a professional to wash it. The church groups may be the worst, old grundgy towels, rocks stuck to them, tar from one vehicle transferred to another etc...best just to give them a donation. Some car lots do a decent job but again don't be surprised when you see a new scratch after they wash it.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #37
Brianz1001 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
Brianz1001's Tacoma Gallery
Tell them fix my truck, but don't wash it. Problem Solved. the service advisor will mark it on your work order.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #40
"Old Timer," compliments of 11Taco2.7
rleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shedrleeharris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Master Sergeant, Training Superintendent, 67th Network Warfare Wing
Name: Bob
rleeharris's Tacoma Gallery
I love Toyota of Boerne (bought 3 Toys there) but since Vic Vaughan built their in-house prep/wash center, there washes have gone straight down hill. Just there this past Wednesday and had the oil changed, etc... got the wash for free. But it's not so much a wash is it is "dirt displacement."