Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

complimentary dealership washes suck!

View Poll Results: do dealership carwashes leave your truck dirtier than when you dropped it off?
YES.... 117 45.88%
NO!! 80 31.37%
CARWASH what is this?!?!?! 58 22.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #61
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
The dealership I go too always does a fantastic job cleaning the exterior and interior of my truck.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #62
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
That falls into the 1.111111111111111%. Congrats
Old 02-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #63
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
The wash does suck but at least it gets washed. I have lifetime washes from the dealership I bought the truck from.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #64
RDtres is on a distinguished road
RDtres's Tacoma Gallery
My dealership offers to wash my truck but I always say no thanks. I prefer to wash my own vehicles, that way I know its done right and if I scratch it or more commonly swirl the paint, its on me. I used to go to the local Octapus car was and then I noticed the paint swirl and tint scratchs on my windows. Lesson learned as its not worth the risk, IMO.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #65
TRD12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
TRD12's Tacoma Gallery
Found these on a UK detailing website. I used the .doc one on my last trip to the dealership for inspection and they didn't dare defile my truck. Just slipped the fullsheet one under my wiper blade and put the fold-one on the center console inside.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/08ZzAj0JJ/DONOTWASH[1].docx.html

Also had these signs from Adams car care. Fullsize versions on the links.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/EARmv5U7G...ck_1a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/MxipqANEI...ck_2a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/fj51RUdqr...ar_1a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ppvTS0raG...ar_2a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/UGFZS6KIw...-sign.bmp.html
Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #67
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I would compliment them for NOT washing mine.........I consider the dealership a place that I will only let them have my truck when I'm getting rid of it to get a new one.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #68
Frissen will become famous soon enough

Frissen's Tacoma Gallery
I ask NOT TO WASH IT! at Porsche and Audi and I don't see why it would be any different at Toyota nonetheless I will give them the benefit of the doubt and take the complementary wash on my first visit

This is how it looked yesterday under my regimen of wash...

lets hope the dealer can match this at least
Old 02-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #69
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
If the dealership can't wash your truck properly, then why do you trust them to do proper maintence on it?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #70
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
If the dealership can't wash your truck properly, then why do you trust them to do proper maintence on it?
Different skill sets sir.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #71
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
Because there is warranty on the work but not on the wash.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #72
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer never asks if I want a wash. The Honda dealer does though on my wife's Accord and it sucks. All they do is run it through the automatic wash and a quick half ass vacuum.

Someone early in this thread mentioned a hs kid washing it. Made me think back to my step daughters hs band fund raising washing cars. I drove by them when they did this and these kids were climbing on the hoods and all kinds of shit. I'll be damned! I'll never let them touch my truck.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #73
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Usually it's a kid fresh out of high school . But on the dealers defense , they usually have a guy or two who really knows detail .
Old 02-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #74
Matrix
12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed12Tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
12Tac's Tacoma Gallery
Yup I've told my dealer to no longer wash it and stress it every time I'm in. Why? The first time, other than being less than 'washed' they scratched the tailgate big time. I brought it to their attention and was promptly told "we're not responsible for scratches." Well I nearly went through the roof. Their manager came over to 'discuss' the situation and basically told me I could take my business elsewhere if I continued to push a 'scratch' that I couldn't prove they did.

Photos before and after from now on. I reported this to Toyota, but never heard a thing about it.

12Tac
Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #75
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frissen View Post
I ask NOT TO WASH IT! at Porsche and Audi and I don't see why it would be any different at Toyota nonetheless I will give them the benefit of the doubt and take the complementary wash on my first visit

This is how it looked yesterday under my regimen of wash...

lets hope the dealer can match this at least
Start waxing (alot) immediately and keep it up. Wash, yes. Wax always. I try to wax more often than "wash" the truck and it seems to be working. Lately, I'm using Meguiars paste wax and it's working well. Micro fibre towels for removing dried wax only, too.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #76
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckdaddy View Post
for those of you who have work done at dealerships get your truck back dirtier than you left it? i dropped mine absolutley spotless and detailed and got it back "washed" complete with mineral marks on the paint/windows and dirt/dust allover.. thought id start a poll and see what the stats are!

I take mine to Toyota of Boerne, i love the work they do but they really should stay away form detailing and washing cars/trucks.
Had you ask yourself where you-re truck has been? Maybe the mechanic took it to a test drive......ah.. lets say, Hollister hills?
Old 03-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #77
onepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shedonepremiere is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
onepremiere's Tacoma Gallery
I always so no... Think of it this way, the guy washing your truck is basically using sandpaper down the side of ur truck.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 AM   #78
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i have lifetime oil changes and washes, although i do use the oil changes i only use the free wash when im covered in mud and my front yard hose wont get it off because the water pressure at my house blows worse then my ex girlfriend
Old 04-25-2013, 11:59 PM   #79
Get a bite hippies
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD12 View Post
Found these on a UK detailing website. I used the .doc one on my last trip to the dealership for inspection and they didn't dare defile my truck. Just slipped the fullsheet one under my wiper blade and put the fold-one on the center console inside.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/08ZzAj0JJ/DONOTWASH[1].docx.html

Also had these signs from Adams car care. Fullsize versions on the links.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/EARmv5U7G...ck_1a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/MxipqANEI...ck_2a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/fj51RUdqr...ar_1a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/ppvTS0raG...ar_2a.jpg.html
http://www.fileswap.com/dl/UGFZS6KIw...-sign.bmp.html

Yeah i sold the truck awhile back due to not needing the terrible gas mileage and not really using it as a truck anymore and am now in an FR-S because racecar. I use Adams everything and love the products. All my service advisers laugh at me when i put the mirror hanger up but then again the wash here in Boerne swirls and scratches the shit out of the paint.

The reason i would let the "stealership" work on the truck was im friends with the tech and know the standards of work he does and i don't pay a dime thanks to the warranty. On the other hand the wash is contracted out to a bunch of kid who could give two shits.

I'd recommend Adams products for those who are into detailing their trucks when there not being wheeled. Adams makes some seriously awesome and badass products.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #80
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer has an automatic car wash built into the end of the ExpressLube line. I always tell them "no wash" and "no engine air filter inspection".