1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

washing Wet Okole seat covers???

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by spidy3, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Jun 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM
    spidy3

spidy3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off Road
    anyone wash their seat covers with something besides wet suit shampoo and have good results?

I was hoping to wash mine before I went on vaca in a week but then when I looked up on their site how to wash, it says do not machine wash and I dont know where to buy wet suit shampoo around here. Would car wash soap work good? Stick'em in a tub outside and clean them in that?

2. Jun 13, 2012 at 1:40 AM
    Island Cruiser

Island Cruiser TVita

Member:
    Kauai
    Vehicle:
    Baja
    You might have to order the kit from their site.

I had a set in my previous car that I bought from someone and he threw them in a washing machine. It looked "ok" when I bought them. I was a little upset at his method but he gave me a good deal. There were detergent stains on the front passenger and scrub marks.:(

3. Feb 9, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    fulleraj

fulleraj Well-Known Member

Member:
    When I was in Hawaii we'd wash our wetsuits after a dive with standard woollite (very mild detergent) in a big plastic tub, then rinse thoroughly, then hang up to air dry. Not sure if this is the best method to clean them, but we never had any issues/fading/etc.

Taco 422 and Gunshot-6A like this.
  4. Mar 3, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    TreadUp

TreadUp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Belville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 DBCL TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100's Toytec Springs / AAL SOS Sliders FN Five Star Wheels Falken Wild Peak AT3W 32"x 10.5"
    I as well am a diver and use my bathtub to clean my wetsuit and gear. They make different cleaning products for neoprene so I am sure if you searched online, a local dive shop etc... you could find a wetsuit cleaner that would work.

I use a small amount of liquid dish soap and some vinegar, for the odor, and lightly clean my wetsuit once in a while.

Their website probably has directions for care as well but I would definitely not put them in a washing machine.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  5. Jun 29, 2015 at 6:37 AM
    TreadUp

TreadUp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Belville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 DBCL TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100's Toytec Springs / AAL SOS Sliders FN Five Star Wheels Falken Wild Peak AT3W 32"x 10.5"
    Just a little FYI on this matter. We have wet okole covers on both our vehicles. I was detailing my wifes car and decided to take the front covers off and soak, scrub and rinse with a mild, organic laundry detergent my wife uses. Well, not the greatest idea. You could see the dye in the tub when I was finished. From here on out I won't take the off again and I will be sure to clean them ever month or so with wetsuit cleaner and a wet cloth like their website suggests.

I recently bought a wetsuit cleaner off Amazon. Seems to work well. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008JYFDRE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

6. Jul 10, 2015 at 6:06 AM
    VermontTaco

VermontTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport Silver
    Weather Techs Mats front and rear, Wet Okole seat covers, BakFlip Fibermax tonneau cover, Power Pop N' Lock, Flyzeye interior lights, Scangauge 2, IMMRYO Rearview mirror bracket, upgraded Homelink, temperature gauge, and compass rear view mirror, Matt Geko bed lights, OEM bed mat, Beerad's Antidark engine lights, interior LED lights, TRD SEMA 17" Wheels in gunmetal gray, LT265/70/17 BFG KO2 Load Range C, and center console/glove compartment organizers.
    My suggestion is to buy the Wet Okole cleaning kit (got mine free with the TW group buy). You can clean the seats without removing them very easily.

OG_Tacoma likes this.
  7. Apr 24, 2020 at 2:24 PM
    grubburg

grubburg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR MT
    K & N Intake, Gibson Catback (chopped), Weathertech floormats, 285/70/17 Ridge Grapplers, Black Rhino Glamis wheels, Kicker Key, Kicker Hideaway, Infiniti Speakers, OV Tune, 888's, 5100s X 4, HS 3-leaf, LR SPC UCAs, Diff Drop, Carrier Bearing Drop, OEM Bed Mat, Morimoto HID low beams, Morimoto LED 2 Stroke High Beams, KC 336 LED bar, KC C3 LED pods for rear, KC LED 6'' SlimLites ditch lights, N-Fab Steps, Auxbeam Interior Blue Lights, 7r41lbr34k3r Shift Knob, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Diode Dynamics SAE Pro Fogs, Cali Raised ditch light brackets, hidden light bar brackets, tailgate light brackets.
    are these things worth the extra price vs. Carhartt covers?

8. Apr 26, 2020 at 9:21 AM
    ace96

ace96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    '11 SWB DC TRD SPORT
    AVS bug deflector, Weathertech digital fit floor mats, TRD skid plate w/ Sockmonkey decal, SOS Cocept sliders w/ Line-x, Pioneer 3500, Hybrid Audio Technology Mirus 6X9s & 6.5s, back up cam mod, Wet Okoles-front & rear, TRD exhaust, 17X9 XD Spy w/ Falken Wildpeaks, Avid light bar
    Fit and finish are going to better than the Carhartt. I like my Carhartt jacket but no way would I want to set on that material.

Too Stroked and grubburg[QUOTED] like this.
  9. May 30, 2022 at 5:46 PM
    OG_Tacoma

OG_Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have both. Wet Okole in the backseat under the kid carseats, and Carhartt "gravel" gray colored covers in the front seat.

The W.O. ones are definitely a softer/gentler texture (and waterproof!), but the Carhartt is not bad. The former holds up better to spills, the latter is pretty tough and holds up to dirt and repeatedly getting in and out of driver seat.

10. Nov 4, 2022 at 6:08 PM
    Kolohe07

Kolohe07 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Haiku , Maui, Hi
    Vehicle:
    2022 Access cab Sport 4x4 Celestial Silver
    Just sold my 2008 Tacoma.
    While cleaning it up to sell, I took the wet orioles off , and the seats underneath looked almost brand new.
    I had the bottoms replaced once during the 14 years I had the truck.
    Removed and washed them once, with a light solution of Dawn, as recommended by the dealer.
    Well worth the $$

Products Discussed in

To Top