Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Any body use paintless dent removal?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
Any body use paintless dent removal?

So my truck got whacked in the train station parking lot on a windy day last week... Anybody use paintless dent? Success rates? Its a pretty good size dent in the drivers door, near the bottom directly below the mirror. Its probably 3 inches top to bottom and 1.5 inches wide. No paint loss, but it does touch the body seam in the bottom of the door.

PS... I am friggin sick over this! I keep my truck nice and always park away from all the other cars, but somebody took my regular spot (on an end) and this is what I get!
Old 06-24-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I have used the local paintless dent repair shop two times with great results.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
I have used tjem once,will use in future, highly recmnd this procedure as long as u get someone good.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #5
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
At my shop, we use PDR all the time. You need a good tech, and the dent has to qualify for PDR. I'm afraid that since it's on a body line, you might be SOL. Can you post up pics?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #6
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Would this one qualify for PDR? (and I'm being totally serious, not trying to be a smartass.... just don't know enough about body repair)

Old 06-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
...Ahh.... hence the slider thread
Yup

The irony of it all is I was explaining what sliders are to my daughter about 7 minutes before that shot.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #8
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I had a paintless dent removal done a few weeks ago after some asshat decided to punch my bedside just behind the TRD sticker. Very happy with the results.

On a side note, what did everyone get charged for it? I got it done for $75
Old 06-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
From what I gather. Rocker panels are more difficult to fix because its a hollow piece and you can't hammer it out from the back. This happened to my '00 taco and they had to weld rivets onto the dent and pull it out the best they could with a slide hammer. Then lots of bondo.
Old 06-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #11
TacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTitan11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
TacoTitan11's Tacoma Gallery
yes, i have. always had good results. like it never happened...
Old 06-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #12
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Would this one qualify for PDR? (and I'm being totally serious, not trying to be a smartass.... just don't know enough about body repair)

Unfortunately, no. That dent will not qualify for PDR. PDR is really geared towards hail damage, door dings, etc... Lots of PDR tech's won't touch aluminum hoods, either. In the case of your rocker, it'll have to be replaced, or repaired, with full paint.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
ecupcar is on a distinguished road

ecupcar's Tacoma Gallery
I will get a pic soon, thanks guys, I am convinced.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #14
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
PDR does work great, although I would inquire first if they need to make an access hole for the pdr. I see some of those access holes rust pretty bad sometimes.