Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to get smell out of cab

Old 07-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #1
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
How to get smell out of cab

Guys I think I spilled some boiled shrimp juice in my truck. The next day it smelled like a garbage can. What do I do?
Old 07-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
jonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonnie666 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jonnie666's Tacoma Gallery
use fresh coffee powder on a tablet.
leave it 24 hours in your taco.
just a try.
that did work in my taco against cigarette-smell.
sorry for my bad english !
Old 07-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #3
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
coffee eh?..never thought about that..You could also try some baking soda(powder? i always get the 2 confused). Sprinkle it around on the carpet and a day later or so vacuum it up.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
soljah111 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jon
soljah111's Tacoma Gallery
try oxi clean, air it out and some febreeze
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
First class awesome
CrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrackerJackMack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CrackerJackMack's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to CrackerJackMack
Quote:
Originally Posted by soljah111 View Post
try oxi clean, air it out and some febreeze
As a suggestion? Or have you actually done this?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
What did you spill it on? If one of the mats take it out and wash it good and let it sit in the sun. Maybe use one of the automotive carpet cleaners. If it's on the seat...well, you might as well just set it on fire and carry on.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #7
smtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to beholdsmtaco73 is a splendid one to behold

smtaco73's Tacoma Gallery
This is what I have done before for boiled crawfish juice in back floor. I have the small Mean Little Green steamer cleaner (cleaner has bissell per odor remover)and got all juice up. I had to do this a few times and it finally went away. When not using truck I would cut a lemon in half an place it in the vehicle. Lemon absorbs all odors. Just my .02 cent on what I have tried.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Get a large bowl. Fill it with distilled white vinegar and leave it in your truck overnight or throughout the day with the windows rolled up.

That has taken the worst of the worst cigarette stench out of my other car's fabric and carpet after loaning it to my **** of an ex-mother-in-law for a weekend.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow. Who knew the "c" word is censored here?

lol
Old 07-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #10
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Get a large bowl. Fill it with distilled white vinegar and leave it in your truck overnight or throughout the day with the windows rolled up.

That has taken the worst of the worst cigarette stench out of my other car's fabric and carpet after loaning it to my **** of an ex-mother-in-law for a weekend.
This but I've put two medium sized towels in bowls or similar and soak the towels in vinegar. I would do one in the front and one in the back on the floor. At least 24 hours in the sun all closed up should do it.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGO4LOW View Post
At least 24 hours in the sun all closed up should do it.
Where on Earth does the sun shine for 24 hours?

Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
IGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shedIGO4LOW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: EMT-B
Name: Zach
IGO4LOW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Come on man don't be stupid. You just want it to sit for 24hrs total. AS MUCH SUN AS YOU CAN.

Edit. Not meant to sound rude. But you got what I meant.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Here....
http://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/99723
Old 07-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #14
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
This but I've put two medium sized towels in bowls or similar and soak the towels in vinegar. I would do one in the front and one in the back on the floor. At least 24 hours in the sun all closed up should do it.

My sister used to pick up old furniture and resell. She would douse them in white vinegar and it would smell like crap for a day, but after that, absolutely no smell at all. When my kid spilled choclate milk all over my back seat in the summer time, it was a horid smell. So I did the vinegar thing and that took care of it. When ever I rent a carpet shampooer, I don't waste my money on it's products, I just buy a ton of white vinegar and cut it 50/50 with hot water. White vinegar works wonders.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Come on man don't be stupid. You just want it to sit for 24hrs total. AS MUCH SUN AS YOU CAN.

Edit. Not meant to sound rude. But you got what I meant.
lol... I was just fuckin' with you.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #17
SocoandLime is on a distinguished road

SocoandLime's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard about the vinegar in a bowl one and it does probably work, but just another sugggestion from my own experiences.

Get a good size newspaper and ball up every page. Leave them in the cab for a day/night. Somehow it works really well. Also a great tip for gym bags and shoes too.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 PM   #18
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
How about renting a steam cleaner to really hit the bad spot and cleaning your whole truck while you're at it.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:59 AM   #19
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
coffee eh?..never thought about that..You could also try some baking soda(powder? i always get the 2 confused). Sprinkle it around on the carpet and a day later or so vacuum it up.

Hehe try the baking powder and see what happens.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #20
Swampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwampmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
Swampmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. Coffee worked.