Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

restore old pick up emblem

Old 07-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
chicka chicka, yeah!
mclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant futuremclovin has a brilliant future

Air Force: 4A271
Name: Jake
mclovin's Tacoma Gallery
restore old pick up emblem

ok so i picked up one of these emblems and it was the best one i could find that wasn't 50 bucks... it came in today and its rough but not in horrible shape... i've never restored one of these before or any badge for that matter... here are a couple of pictures... suggestions? i know that repainting is a must but should i look at re molding it or would sanding some of the pits down work as well?
Attached Thumbnails
restore old pick up emblem-imag0270.jpg   restore old pick up emblem-imag0271.jpg  
Old 07-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I would sand the entire emblem down until it's smooth, prime it, then paint it. To mask the letters, it's gonna be tough to get a clean line. You may consider using liquid mask (available at most hobby stores) as it's going to give you a solid line, and no rough edges like masking tape would. You could also try "fine line" tape by 3M, but you're likely to get some paint creeping under it, especially at any joints.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Flitz it